24/26" LCD Best response and input lag?(Gamer LCD)

Xikan

n00b
The short version
What I am looking for:
-1920x1200 res
-Lowest input lag
-Least amount of ghosting or motion blur

What is not important to me:
-Price
-Exact color reproduction
-Viewing Angles

Longer Version:
I am currently using a Chimei CMV 221D, I am not sure how well it stacks up against other LCDs, but for the price it has served me well. However, I am looking to purchase monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1200 at either 24" or 26". I am an avid gamer(twitch fps and mmo) and that is primary concern. To my knowledge I probably want a TN panel as an FPS gamer, though I read that TN panels over 24" are not great due to viewing angles. I have been eying the BenQ G2400 and the Doublesight DS2369(although I have heard complaints of some input lag and bad ghosting). Are there any others you guys can think of that I should be considering? I was looking into some of the Acer 24" LCDs, but I couldn't find much information on their responsiveness or input lag.

Thanks [H],
Xikan

Ok, so I am fairly certain at this point that I really want a 26"+ LCD. This leaves me the choice between the following:

DoubleSight - 26" DS2369
Samsung - 26" 2693HM
Acer - 26" AL2616W
Hannspree - 28" HF-289HJB

These seem to be the ones that people recommend the most. If you were to buy one strictly for gaming, which one would you choose? If anyone owns one of these I would like to hear your personal opinion on how it would make out as a gaming LCD.

-Xikan

The Hannspree is pretty low in input lag, and it's also a TN panel. I doubt ghosting would be an issue. It should be a frame of input lag or lower which is undetectable.

The Doublesight should not have more than a frame of input lag from reports on that thread. ToastyX ran some input lag tests and it showed to be very low. Ghosting is possible, but I haven't heard much in regards to that..

Other options are the HP W2408H, BenQ G2400W/2400WD as you've mentioned, and Gateway FHD2400. I find the HP and Gateway to be a bit on the high side price-wise, but they are well regarded.

Good luck,

10e

So, I read from other gamers that anything over 24" inches is just to big and becomes too much of a disadvantage, as some of the screen starts to get outside of peripheral vision. So, after many days of reading about LCDs, I am right back where I started -- That rules out the Hanspree and Doublesight.

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=41&mo1=226&p1=2106&ma2=36&mo2=148&p2=1590&ph=9
That's a link to what I am told are two monitors which have the same panel that I am currently using. I really want something that has less ghosting than my current monitor does, as it tends to annoy me quite a bit. From the pictures at digital versus the ghosting looks pretty bad when compared to other monitors -- It feels like it is to me but I don't know if I am maybe being too picky, and LCDs just are not going to get much better than that. From what I am reading a more responsive 24" lcd just isn't out there, most posters in the gaming community say to stick with a 22"(Samsung 226bw to be exact) if I don't want to sacrifice any responsiveness.

So of those models that 10e so graciously pointed me in the direction of, which one do you guys think would be the most responsive in terms of ghosting?

HP W2408H
BenQ G2400WD
Gateway FHD2400

It's just so frustrating, from the pictures at digital versus it seems like there are plenty of *VA panels out there that do very well on the worst game rendering result page, but all of those seem to have input lag. On the flip side the TNs tend to have less input lag but more ghosting.

Thanks for all your help guys!
Xik
Other options are the HP W2408H, BenQ G2400W/2400WD as you've mentioned, and Gateway FHD2400. I find the HP and Gateway to be a bit on the high side price-wise, but they are well regarded.

Good luck,

10e

I don't think TNs will have more ghosting than a *VA. I personally would go with the 24" for gaming since I sit relatively close to my screen and like to have the highest # of pixels per physical inch of screen and AFAIK most 26" and 28" are 1920x1200. Well that's always been my preference but I haven't used anything larger than 24 TBH.

I don't think 26" is too big for gaming. I play lots of games on a 26" and in fact I wear computer glasses, which magnify things a little bit as well. I find it is a great blend between filling my vision but being all visible without moving my head.

I would again push the doublesight since I have the NEC 2690 and love it. Same panel, NEC just has more pro features (and more input lag). No ghosting that I can see and top notch image over all.

http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=52&mo1=149&p1=1606&ma2=36&mo2=148&p2=1590&ph=9

That's a comparison between what I have now and the NEC/Planar/Doublesight you suggest. The ghosting looks just about the same to me, I was really looking for an improvement. I can see three images of the car on both pictures, although I'm not sure if I am reading these images correctly either.

Do you FPS game? (That is my largest concern and where I tend to notice it the most)

Back