LCD "stained" pixels?

Nihilanth99

2[H]4U
Over the last month or so, I've noticed this rough line along the top edge of the monitor (Dell 2007WFP)

monitorquirk1cc6.jpg

monitorquirk2ap9.jpg

monitorquirk3dy6.jpg

While I haven't tried the monitor on another system yet, this "stained" line of sorts is always there and is mainly visible on light backgrounds. It is not a physical stain. Has anyone had something like this happen with an LCD?

IIRC that means the panel is going bad, and you need to file a waranty claim asap.

Aye, I checked out the input with an Xbox 360, and sure enough:

monitorquirk4eg8.jpg

Time for me to dig out the warranty and see if I can do anything.

That looks like a de-lamination problem to me. Something along the top is separating. Might be the polarizer or something to that effect. Get that warrantized! It will probably get worse over time.

10e

Typical 20" IPS problem. Either the film is separating from the glass support, or condesation has damaged the film (crystals).

I have the same problem with a NEC 20WGX2. On my third replacement too. Seems to be a common fault. I also have just recently got a 2007WFP with S-IPS panel. Oh dear. Looks like I can expect that to go too? Anyhow NEC are refunding in full so will replace with a S-PVA.

i know on the top of the 20wmgx2 is where the power supply is, it gets quite hot, so it could be heat damage.

Had the same thing happen to my S-IPS 2007WFP. Get it replaced ASAP, as it will get worse and there's nothing you can do about it.

My NEC 20WGX2 has the same stained pixes near the top. I've been holding on to it for months now and the way it develops is:
- first it's just a bit misty near the top edge of the screen, visible on darker uniform backgrounds, disappears after the monitor has been off for some time (this is hard to notice, most people wouldn't be aware of this)
- then grainy pixels start appearing near the edge of the stain (this is exactly what is on your photo)
- then the whole stain very slowly drifts down (a few milimeters a month) and this is interesting: the pixels near the top where the stain was, are good again and show no discoloration/grain/bad image persistance.

So it does get worse up to a point and then the stain just moves lower and concentrates a little.

Back