Gauntlet [Test]

King_N

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2007
I was asked if I could setup a stats section to track the upcoming multi-team gauntlet. Unlike the previous gauntlets, I have added a considerable amount of new functions.

Just to name a few.

• Team tracking list
  • Team comparison graphs (all graph types)
  • Team individule graphs (all graph types)
  • Team side-by side comparison section [including graphs]
  • Defcon Warning System
  • Hover Gauntlet Percentages
  • ETA to finish.

The section is available for testing and is populated with test data from each team, the section will update each time the stats do. If anyone locates a bug please let me know so I can get it squashed before the gauntlet starts.

Note: The section will reset itself and add the real data at 12pm on the 5th.

The section is available Here

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Site Admin: [H]ard|Folding
Lurker Extraordinaire

Nice work King_N......... :cool:

Bill:-
Your trailling a little, better ramp up.
Or are you giving the other a false sence of security.

Luck .............. :D

Nice work King_N, How do you find time to do all this?

Definitely nice work indeed. He's made up some gauntlets for other times and contests and this is his best by far.

I'm still not sure when he finds the time to do all this either. I'm pretty sure that he never sleeps, though. :eek:

I was the one who requested this over one week ago ;)

Great work here, I'll do some poking around to see if there is no bugs. Others should do the same so we can have our own reliable page to track the challenge progress. I think MPC will also have his own tracking page so if KingFish see this, he can comment on his own stats page.

Nice, I like the spline graphs, spline is just a fun word to say! :)

That's practically the same thing I told King when he first had me take a look at some of the new graphs when he first started work on the new stats. :cool::D

Thank you very much King_N :D :D

BTW, thank you too Xilikon, SmokeRngs and anybody else for all your hard work on the "Chimp Challenge" and your good ideas. ;)

Keep on keepin' on foldin' :)

Looking good!

Only thing I can see is that the team name isn't listed in the generated graphs, just the name they're folding under. No biggie just a hassle having to go back to the main page to see what team they're on, I have the memory of a goldfish sometimes. ;)

I'm a self proclaimed stats junkie and I approve this message. Me likes!

May I put this url out to the other teams?

Also, seadave77 from overclockers.com will also have a stats page. The url is:
http://clintdavis.us/chimpchallenge2008/

The graph will be reset when the challenge begins and populated with the correct data.

Nice work King_N, How do you find time to do all this?

To be honest I often ask myself this very question, I just make the time whichever way I can. Most of the time the result is lack of sleep.

Looking good!

Only thing I can see is that the team name isn't listed in the generated graphs, just the name they're folding under. No biggie just a hassle having to go back to the main page to see what team they're on, I have the memory of a goldfish sometimes. ;)

I'll see what I can do to fix this issue.

I'm a self proclaimed stats junkie and I approve this message. Me likes!

May I put this url out to the other teams?

Yes, the [H]ard|Folding stats are available to all.

I'm glad that everyone likes the gauntlet stats, I tried to add everything I could think of.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Changes 4/28

Layout Fixes

• Team Stats Page: now displays Team name [Member name] instead of member name.
  • Comparison Page: now displays Team name [Member name] instead of member name.
  • Defcon: now displays Team name [Member name] instead of member name.
  • All Graphs: now display Team name instead of member name.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Starting stats were set in place at 12pm, these stats are collected by the official stanford 3rd party stats stream(same as the normal stats) and will update along with the normal stats.

I guess there is some rumble about them not being the accurate numbers according to stanford's main stats pages, the fact of the matter is anyone mining data directly from stanford's stats pages in in violation of their robots.txt file as seen below.

1/6/2004 Stats server abuse
Certain servers are trying to download everyone's stats from the cgi pages. This is causing the stats to come to a crawl for everyone else and is an act in violation of our robots.txt file. We are denying access to these IPs and may forward the details for this attack to Stanford security if needed.

Source http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/news.html

I'm sorry if this puts a damper on the stats, but I am not willing to violate stanford's TOS and get [H]ardOCP's servers banned from their servers.

Hey King, I sent screenies to all the participating teams that had the starting points. The stats system was down at 12pm sharp when I tried to collect them. It came back up around 12:40pm, Pacific Daylight Time. Hope this doesn't create any confusion. Thanks!

Ok set to those numbers, however this will render the gauntlet totals in the minus until stanford's 3rd party stats catch up with their main site.

Unfortunetly this is going to render the totals in negatives until stanford's 3rd party stream catches up to their main site, the problem with grabbing the stats after the site came back up is that will put it ahead of the 3rd party stats by an update.

Since Stanford has their robots.txt and their terms of service in place there is nothing I can do, 3rd party stats sites are just not allowed to access their main stats site.

Looking good King, except for the fact that we're currently in 2nd. And how are we all losing points? :D

There is a slight discrepancy in the starting point for OCF. The screenies I posted were of the TOTAL points. This is OK for three of the four teams because all of their points are under the correct teams. Some of the dolts at OCF, team 32, entered the team number incorrectly (in this case, some points were for team 328 and some were for team 0), which throws off their points. I should have posted the team specific info, which is correct for their team.

Therefore, the starting point for OCF is 1,276,842 instead of the 1,289,181 that I posted earlier.

Here is the screenie for proof:

2468447581_38a5200770_o_d.jpg

Thanks to seadave at OCF for pointing this out. I apologize, it's my fault for not paying attention to this detail.

Starting points-
MPC - 2,329,535
OCF - 1,276,842
[H] - 110,007
OCAU - 306,823

Ok the numbers have been changed.

With these new rumblings about the starting points (3 seperate sets of different numbers) is there going to be another possible change? Or is it going to stay with the current numbers no matter what?

To be honest it doesn't much matter to me which numbers are used, I just need to know if I need to forego sleep for another 24 hours so I can stay available to change again.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Ok the numbers have been changed.

With these new rumblings about the starting points (3 seperate sets of different numbers) is there going to be another possible change? Or is it going to stay with the current numbers no matter what?

To be honest it doesn't much matter to me which numbers are used, I just need to know if I need to forego sleep for another 24 hours so I can stay available to change again.

I agree with King_N, we need to all agree. I think some leaders meeting is in order ASAP !

sno.lcn, KingFish and me just discussed on MSN and we all agree the starting numbers is those :

MPC - 2,329,535
OCF - 1,276,842
[H] - 110,007
OCAU - 306,823

You can use those numbers as the official starting values (OCF numbers is changed in light of KingFish update due to a error).

EDIT : mistimonsta joined and he also agree so it's a unanimous decision !

Ok, now that the numbers are set in stone, the stats just updated and are now displaying a positive total instead of a negative everything should be normal from this point on.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Again, everything looks great King, thanks for all your hard work.

Oh I forgot to add, since everyone is joining the teams enmass it will most likely take at least 7 days for the ppd to settle.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Oh I forgot to add, since everyone is joining the teams enmass it will most likely take at least 7 days for the ppd to settle.
pfft, [H]ardApe will be at 5 mil by then.

Changes 5/06

Visual Bugs

• Team Comparison Graphs: Fixed a slight glitch in the graph legends that was causing the teams to be listed out of order.

Note: This glitch was strictly visual, all data displayed was and is accurate.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Changes 5/08

New Items

• Main Team List: Added Points [This Update] column.
  • Main Team List: Added Points [This Update] hover-over percentage.
  • Main Team List: Added Points [This Update] totals.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Back