USB Boot on GA-P35-DS3L

coolrunnings

Limp Gawd
Hey All!

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2.0 and it has USB options for HD, CD, and Floppy on the boot menu and none of them let me boot off a bootable USB hard drive or flash drive. The devices work great on other machines though. I've got the latest BIOS and turned all the USB options I can seem to find in the BIOS. Any ideas? Anyone else have this board booting off USB and working?

USB thumbdrives, memory readers, and hard drives will show up as hard drives to the P35-DS3L BIOS.

For a quick test to see if you can boot from a USB drive, hit F12 at POST and select 'Hard Disk' from the boot menu. You should then get a second menu that will have your hard drives along with any USB mass storage device you have connected to the system.

Yeah that's what I expected but instead it just lists the internal hard drive and the option for add on controllers.

Did you already install the intel .Inf drivers? If not install those, then be sure "Legacy USB storage detect" is enabled in Integrated Peripherals page

Then if still no luck, format that stick and try again. And yes it will appear as a hard drive

Back