Logitech Z-5500: Sub Replacement

mokkapoop

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all. I currently have the Logitech Z-5500 a my home theater system in my living room (yes I know, but this system sounds GREAT!). However, the sub seems to be holding things back. Would putting in a better sub help with the lows on this system or is that out of the question?

Thinking of getting a third party sub and replacing the one that is in there now. Worth it? Amp be ok?

not really worth it imo. get a real setup aka. amplifier, and real speakers to really upgrade

not really worth it imo. get a real setup aka. amplifier, and real speakers to really upgrade

agreed, the z-5500s are not designed (or at least can't) fill up a large room with good sound. Best sound from them is when you are fairly close i.e. sitting at a computer desk. So if you are planning on upping, boot em out. or leave em...

Not really possible. The amplifier for each of the satellites is built into your sub, replace it and you lose that amplification.

Nicolaski,

I realize this....all I am wanting to do is swap out the "actual" sub for something better. Same enclosure....amp....etc.

I'm suprised that you feel the sub on the Z-5500 is holding you back, if anything most people complain about the logitechs having too much bass.

I don't think you can replace the actual subwoofer itself easily, Logitech makes it pretty hard to get inside their units. And to be honest I doubt you'd find a more powerful speaker to replace whats in there anyway.

Where is your sub located in the room? Have you tried moving it into a corner? If not give it a try since it will enhance the bass quite a bit and give a richer sound overall.

well i know what he is going through. I recently bought a set of z5500s and while they did sound good they didn't produce near enough bass to fill up my room. compared to my friends z5500 setup my speakers sound pathetic :(. while i can hear the bass in some parts of games and movies you can never "feel" the bass and for the most part it just gets lost in all of the other sounds. I am packing mine up and sending them back tomorrow, I'm just gonna save up my money and get a more powerful setup that makes me feel like i have surround sound and not just a bunch of speakers producing more sound. But overall they are good speakers, they just arent powerful enough for larger rooms. they are for smaller rooms or computer desks. so my vote goes for send em back and get something better. hope this helps :D.

Back