Am I missing something or is this a great deal on NEWEGG?

Wow, the specs are really fantastic !!!
I would probably bite, if I did not need a 17" screen.
As for the brand, well...
I own an Everex XT5000T and am very happy with it. I am going to keep it probably for another year (for a total of 2-3 years) before I try to get rid of it and take the resale hit, but the computer was a great deal when I bought it so the hit is not going to be very severe. It all depends on the price you buy the computer for. This seems like a decent deal, hundreds below comparable Lenovo.
DK

except that ibuypower has THE WORST reputation out of all boutiques, I would NEVER buy their products, even if it's from newegg. I'm surprised Newegg even carry their stuff, they're a disgrace to boutiques.

Newegg carries a lot of shoddy stuff. Can't beat their variety though. :D

iBuyPower always makes me think of CyberPower. :eek:

cyberpower>ibuypower by a long shot, and that should tell you something considering how bad cyberpower is

Wow... ibuypower got ripped on reseller ratings.
Unfortunately, so did sager who I had all but decided upon for my new laptop.
I was all but set on my laptop selection... but now I may be back a square one :(

maybe if it had hdmi out and some other better features. all i see is a fast processor and what i assume is a good video card. 4 gigs of ram in a laptop, what's the point? The dvd drive isn't even blu-ray...

maybe if it had hdmi out and some other better features. all i see is a fast processor and what i assume is a good video card. 4 gigs of ram in a laptop, what's the point? The dvd drive isn't even blu-ray...

u just stated the point. It's a very good looking price for what it lists.

a blueray drive? Just the blueray drive adds $400, why waste blueray on a laptop anyway when you can't tell the difference on such a small screen.

which is why I would want a better output connection

it's labeled as retail and while i work at a major electronics store i've seen much better machines for hundreds less from majors brands

eh..ibuypower is NOT a major brand. And please show me something that costs less than that laptop with "those specs"

Yeah its not that great of a deal you could get a dell or lenovo with identical specs for less if you have a coupon or they run one of their weekly ongoing sales.

Just an example:

ThinkPad T61 15 Widescreen - 1 Yr Depot Warranty

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T9300 (2.5GHz 800MHz 6MBL2)
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
15.4 WSXGA+ TFT
NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (256MB Open GL)
4 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)
UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad)
250GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer, Ultrabay Slim
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
No Bluetooth
6 cell Li-Ion Battery
1 Yr Depot Warranty
=======================
$1.290 Shipped w/ tax

That's with a bigger harddrive and a faster video card as well. You could probably toss in the T9500 processor, a 9 cell battery and bluetooth and be at around $1450 shipped.

Back