Frys: Athlon 64 X2 4200+ w/ Motherboard: $59

Mohonri

Supreme [H]ardness
Holy smokes, this is getting ridiculous. Athlon 64 X2 4200+ with a basic ECS motherboard for $59 at Fry's from now until Tuesday:

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=6062933&subid=20834989&type=

Whole Sunday ad:
http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?adid=6062933&advid=2519&type=

It's not top of the line, but it's an awful hard deal to beat if you're building a machine for a friend or family member. Some specs on the mobo:

GeForce 6100 IGP
1x IDE port (2 devices)
2x SATA ports
1x PCIe x16 slot
1x PCIe x1 slot
2x PCI slot
2x DDR2 800/667/533 slots
Back panel:
2x PS/2
4x USB
1x serial
1x VGA
1x Parallel (optional)
3x Audio ports

its amazing there for family members or friends now :)

my 4400 does me just fine still :)

how do you think this would be for a windows home server? looking to build one in about a month or so.

Man I wish there was a Fry's around here, these deals that happen every so often
would be perfect to build a little vmware server machine.

how do you think this would be for a windows home server? looking to build one in about a month or so.

I have a 4400 in a WHS, but with a MSI MB. Works great. What is not good about the ECS MB is that it has only 2 SATA ports = poor expandibility w/o adding an additional SATA card.

Get a different MB...

if anyone would like to pick one of these up for me, I would pay you for your time. Sadly no frys around here. PM me if interested

I have a 4400 in a WHS, but with a MSI MB. Works great. What is not good about the ECS MB is that it has only 2 SATA ports = poor expandibility w/o adding an additional SATA card.

Get a different MB...
Yeah, the motherboard is nothing to get excited about. But if you're looking for more in a mobo, there's nothing stopping you from selling this one and using that money to subsidize a motherboard you actually want.

This combo includes the newer AM2+ GF6100PM-M2 board and it has 4 SATA ports. The old GF6100SM versions are the ones with only 2 SATA ports.

That Processor and Board with an 9600GT will get you about 8,000 in 3DMark06, more than enough to play every game out VERY well.

I was just going by what was in the OP, which specifically states 2 SATA ports.
pxc is actually correct--it is the PM version of the board, with 4 SATA ports and AM2+, but other than that, it's nearly identical.

Got one of these locally last night. Don't know what the hell I'll do with it, but for the price, how could I NOT buy it?
The board all by itself is 69 bucks...

Got one of these locally last night. Don't know what the hell I'll do with it, but for the price, how could I NOT buy it?
:D

I went last night but decided not to buy it. I still have 3 of the $80 E2200 and one of the BE-2300 combos that are sitting around.

:D

I went last night but decided not to buy it. I still have 3 of the $80 E2200 and one of the BE-2300 combos that are sitting around.
If you're not already, those would be great for folding...

Back