Send in Powercolor your lowest 3Dmark 03 score, win a AGP 3850

I wish I still had my PII 400MHz.

Worst system I have right now is a P4 2.26. Edit, wait, oh yea I have a P4 1.6. oughta try it on there

I am gonna try.
I have a lot of parts to make a really really slow machine.

I have a PC-Chips 585LMR board with an AMD K6-2 550mhz processor. It has an onboard Triton video card. I Wonder how that will do.

Requirements
Minimum Graphics Card Requirement:
DirectX®9.0 compatible graphics adapter that has 32MB of memory and is fully DirectX®7.0 compliant.
DirectX 8.0 compliant graphics adapter to run the demo and all but 4 of the benchmarks

Minimum CPU Recommendation:
1000MHz x86 compatible processor (PCMark2002 CPU score of over 2500) movements such as falling characters and crashes in 3DMark03 use real-time physics.

MajorGeeks

remember, u need DX8.1 and new agp 1.5v

424pxagp26agpprokeyingsbj3.png

The question is, will 3850 work with AGP 4x?

System requirements for 3D Mark2003

Code:
Minimum System Requirements: 
Intel® or AMD® compatible processor that achieves a PCMark2002 CPU score over 2500 marks (corresponds to 1 GHz clock speed on some CPU architectures). 
256 MB of system memory. 
1 GB of hard disk space. 
DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter that has 32 MB of memory and is fully DirectX 7 compliant. 
Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP operating system. 
DirectX 9 runtime installed (download). 
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 installed, for some 3DMark functionality (download). 
Microsoft DirectX System Development Kit is required to run the image quality test using the reference rasterizer.

just tried it with a 1.2cel 82810e chipset and no dice there, ill try it on my trusty radeon8500 and see what score i bring in with that. :)

I might actually have a chance with a 1GHz AMD Thunderbird and 756MB SDRAM PC133 with 64MB for onboard video running Windows 98 with a 4GB hard drive. I just hope that it will actually run.

Will update with score or if it didn't run.

Why not just underclock your current cards horribly? Not against the rules.
10mhz core clock ftw

[21CW]killerofall;1032143487 said:
I might actually have a chance with a 1GHz AMD Thunderbird and 756MB SDRAM PC133 with 64MB for onboard video running Windows 98 with a 4GB hard drive. I just hope that it will actually run.

Will update with score or if it didn't run.

Remove some of that ram! 64mb FTW!

Got 105 http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=5751459 P4 2.26, integrated 865 graphics with only 1mb ram set aside.
Couldn't run most of the tests though and doesn't qualify. Make sure you follow their rules in that flash page at the top.

Just through in some crap S3 Diamond Stealth III S540 or whatever. GPUz says it isn't supported, 3dmark 03 isn't able to run ANY tests. Gonna try 3dmark2k.

I'll try my Riva tnt2 vanta card next :)

CPUz of P4 2.26

Find the biggest POS DirectX 7 compliant video card, underclock it, stick it in a computer with a crap CPU, underclock that, then run 5 instances of Prime95 while benching.

My computer can't run 3DMark03 and freezes on program load. Guess I need a separate GPU to run it which I don't have.

read the RULES

all tests, including NATURE (directx9a) MUST be included!!!!!!!!!!

that means NO geforce4 or lower can qualify

But now I get this error:

display open failed - invalid call
wth?

Hmmm so i tested my systems all systems are @ stock settings... main mobo dies to much to risk OC... back up there is no need and the 3rd is a dell...

main in sig - 33,000
backup in sig - 11,000

Old p4 dell w/ 512mb RDRAM (rambus) w/ a 9800 thats about to die - 6500

im sure i could clock that one down and try again :)

EDIT: dropped my clocks down a bunch got my score to 3200 passing all tests.... anyone know if changing AGP to 1x it will make a difference?

dropped my clocks down a bunch got my score to 3200 passing all tests.... anyone know if changing AGP to 1x it will make a difference?

9800 pro is 256bit bus, you need a 64 or 32 bit bus to get that low, at that point, the fillrate is bellow agp 1x, afaik

9800 pro is 256bit bus, you need a 64 or 32 bit bus to get that low, at that point, the fillrate is bellow agp 1x, afaik

ahh ok... its running at 4x right now (mobo max)

i was limited on my clock speed by riva tuner (installed a long time ago)
ive got ATI-Tool on there right now and im slowly lowering the clock speeds untill the computer tells me no
down to like 110 core 120 mem or something right now should drop me in to the 2000's
im sure i will loose this when someone comes out of no where with a "i got 9"

haha underclocking is almost as much fun as over clocking :)... underclocking doesnt cause damage does it? haha this computer has a 9800pro and can play WoW for when friends come over and dont have to haul there computer (which is only reason its still around)

Status Update: 2300 :) lets go lower!!!!

9800pro is a great card, and unless a game requires SM3, it keeps up with 6600 series.

However, there are much lower-performing DX9 cards than an underclocked 9-series anything.

I bet the winner will be an FX-series card

FX5200 ftw?
Curious how my "secret weapon" would fare...

Edit:
Damn, Unichrome Pro is DX7... :(

I wonder what a (underclocked) fx5600 and a (underclocked) coppermine celeron running Visa with 256mb (or less) would do? Wish I still had a 400 MHz Celeron. It's not like I want another AGP card though.

I think I have a 64mb FX5200 around here somewhere, and a P4 1.5 system with 256 megs of ram. That should do really shitty.

Hoping to underclock a Celeron 1.7 in an onboard graphics SiS chip. Says it will do Dx 9 in software mode.

rofl.. i just installed 3dmark06 on my rommates computer wirh no mods and got freakin' 440.

celeron @ 800mhz onboard video w/ 32mb video ram and 256mb of ram.

he uses it everyday for school... and it has ALOT of trouble with youtube.. lawl

(it does have a tinyxp install on it now though)

p.s. wouldnt this qualify?

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3294398

rofl.. i just installed 3dmark06 on my rommates computer wirh no mods and got freakin' 440.

celeron @ 800mhz onboard video w/ 32mb video ram and 256mb of ram.

he uses it everyday for school... and it has ALOT of trouble with youtube.. lawl

(it does have a tinyxp install on it now though)

p.s. wouldnt this qualify?

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3294398

nope because your supposed to use 3dmark03

Back