Saitek Eclipse II Media Keys aren't functioning properly

sitheris

[H]ard|Gawd
It seems I can only get the media keys on my Eclipse II to work when itunes has focus. If I'm in another app they don't work at all. I'm running Vista 64-bit. Anyone know how to get it working?

Thanks

I'd help but I havent installed the driver (and dont want to) on mine as I dont use the media keys.
Heres a bump instead :)

ps now isnt a good time to ask, the forum search is down therefore we have a lack of visitors.

There are no drivers for any of the 32/64bit os flavors of xp or vista according to Saitek's page. If there's a disk, I didn't get one with mine.

The volume keys work all the time, but I found that the best media player that supports the media keys is Winamp. In the preferences, enable the playback hotkeys, and then delete all the strings that include the ctrl-alt key presses. All that is left is the "playback:stop | stop" and "Playback;play/pause | play/pause" Those are mapped to the media keys automatically, and work no matter whats in focus.

The downside with winamp is the DRM'ed itunes stuff that doesn't play.

Interesting, I tried it with Winamp before posting yesterday and the media keys didnt do anything.
I assumed it is because I havent installed anything for the keyboard, thanks for the info :)

The volume key works fine as you said.

edit:
media keys work in winamp now, taa :)

well thanks for the info...I prefer to use itunes

Guess I just won't use the media keys :(

I can't access the audio and keyboard light buttons at all. Which is strange considering I was able to last night. Is this what you mean?

No. The issue was iTunes wouldn't work with the play/pause ff and rew keys unless it was focused. Foobar and Winamp need to be customized to accept those keys, and then those programs could be minimized and/or out of focus and still work with the p/p/ff/rew keys.

If your light buttons don't work. I suspect hardware issue. Try powering off your system, unplug or shut off your psu. unplug the kb from usb, then connect and power everything on. If that doesn't reset your keyboard, then contact Saitek if its in warranty.

If the issue is the buttons do not work, note that they are a generic HID device, and if you have disabled any of them, you may have disabled that specific device. (I found out because FEAR frame rates were sucking, never over 20 on my rig. Disabling the unnecessary generic HID devices fixes that issue per Sierra)

NM. I just ended up plugging the keyboard into a different USB port and all is back to normal.

Old thread but Winamp + Saitek Eclipse II media keys = Options -> Preferences -> Global Hotkeys -> Turn on "Enable default multimedia key support." Works for me, just got the keyboard today.

It seems I can only get the media keys on my Eclipse II to work when itunes has focus. If I'm in another app they don't work at all. I'm running Vista 64-bit. Anyone know how to get it working?

Thanks

old thread but I tto have this issue. Am I missing something in the thread or is there no solution posted?

Did you try my idea? I realize you are using iTunes but its worth a shot.

Old thread but Winamp + Saitek Eclipse II media keys = Options -> Preferences -> Global Hotkeys -> Turn on "Enable default multimedia key support."

I dont have winamp or itunes loaded. I use media player and I cant find any such option to enable :confused:

You can find a fix for the key problem here.
All the instructions are on the site for XP and Vista users. I have been using it for a couple days now without a problem.

*** by key problem I am referring to the initial problem of the thread. This file adds the ability to use your multimedia keys in iTunes when the iTunes window is minimized or not focused.

thanks for the post... I don't have/use i tunes... pity the k/b does not "just work" like it does in XP!

Back