Rocketfish BLK Aluminum Full-Tower Case (Rebranded Lian Li) @ Best Buy ~ $150 Shipped

gramarye

Gawd
Rocketfish Black Aluminum Full-Tower Case (Rebranded Lian-Li) @ Best Buy ~ $150 Shipped

8428604rafx4.jpg
8428604bara2.jpg
8428604cv2azz1.jpg
8428604cv1adc2.jpg

Price/Availability:
$150 shipped
*Available in Best Buy Locations

Product Link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=product&tab=1&id=1183160363476#productdetail

Product Features:
* Durable, all-aluminum case for enhanced heat dissipation
* 14 drive bays include eight 3.5" (2 external, 6 internal for hard drive) and six 5.25" (external, for optical drive)
* 1 FireWire port and 2 USB 2.0 ports on front panel; 7 expansion slots
* Advanced triple-fan cooling system with three 120mm cooling fans (1 front ball bearing fan, 1 rear ball bearing fan and 1 side fan); washable front fan air filter
* Steel ball front door design for improved stability
* Compatible with M-ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboards up to 12" x 13"
* Easy installation — no tools required

Product Specifications:
Product Height
24.2"

Product Width
22.8"

Product Weight
18.6 lbs.

Product Depth
20.8"

Case Type
ATX tower

Power Supply
Not included

Drive Bays
External: 6 (5.25"), 2 (3.5"); Internal: 6 (3.5")

Expansion Slots

Cooling Fans
3 (1 front, 1 rear, 1 side)

Requirements
Accepts M-ATX, ATX and E-ATX motherboards up to 12" x 13"

~

Words/Thoughts:
A hybrid between these two expensive $250+ Lian Li cases? (minus the better cooling)

20070320044857il9.jpg
+ door like
20070524113628qg3.jpg

Lian Li PC-G70B
http://www.lian-li.com/product/product06.php?pr_index=30&cl_index=1&sc_index=2&ss_index=8&type=b

Lian Li PC-A71B
http://www.lian-li.com/product/product06.php?pr_index=113&cl_index=1&sc_index=2&ss_index=8&type=b

*Build Quality and component can't be compared to the above (not as good as actual Lian Li), however, for $150 all aluminum full tower/server Lian Li chassis, I'd say this a good deal...

I have seen these as the local BB near me.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you need a huge case.

I am all matx right now so I have no use for one.

I have seen these as the local BB near me.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you need a huge case.

I am all matx right now so I have no use for one.

Are those 3 1/2" drive trays in the bottem of the case removable? I'd need to fit a PCP&C 1KW PSU in there.

Rocketfish eh?

Too bad I dont still work at BB. Im sure theres a CRAZY employee discount on those.

Are those 3 1/2" drive trays in the bottem of the case removable? I'd need to fit a PCP&C 1KW PSU in there.

I'd assume they are removable, because if not I don't see how you could mount hdd's in there (unless they have those tool-less rails).

Also, seeing as it's not really a Lian-Li, I wonder how good the build quality is and how many of the little features off LiLi's will be incorporated (like the little screwless fan mounts, removable mobo tray, etc).

I'm pretty sure lian-li makes these for best-buy... not positive... but there are sooo many similarities I figure bestbuy just paid them to design and produce some cases for them to sell under a new name.

I'd assume they are removable, because if not I don't see how you could mount hdd's in there (unless they have those tool-less rails).

Also, seeing as it's not really a Lian-Li, I wonder how good the build quality is and how many of the little features off LiLi's will be incorporated (like the little screwless fan mounts, removable mobo tray, etc).

It's not screwless, but you put the screws on the hard drive first then put it in. You can see where you'd slide the front in, and then click down the back. Looks like the 3.5" brackets may be pretty difficult to remove in their entirety.

I'm pretty sure lian-li makes these for best-buy... not positive... but there are sooo many similarities I figure bestbuy just paid them to design and produce some cases for them to sell under a new name.

this would not be the first time BB has done this (ie Dynex or Insignia)

Ive seen these at local BB's too... the box is HUGE!

Very nice looking case. Now I wish I was in the market for a $150 case. If I was, I'd be a whole better off in a number of other financial aspects:p

Did anyone buy this yet? I looked at it in the store, but cant decide. Is it Lian Li quality?

Does that coupon work on this case?

Not sure about the quality yet, however, the coupon works, i don't think it's close to a YMMV either.

Did anyone buy this yet?

I bought this case a few days ago. I don't have anything to put in it yet but I plan to have a new computer built by the end of the month.

I had a $50 gift card from x-mas so... it was only $100 for me.

It looks like it's pretty good quality. Solid frame and the air flow might be adequate. There is plenty of room for imagination.

I bought this case a few days ago. I don't have anything to put in it yet but I plan to have a new computer built by the end of the month.

I had a $50 gift card from x-mas so... it was only $100 for me.

It looks like it's pretty good quality. Solid frame and the air flow might be adequate. There is plenty of room for imagination.

How's the build quality? LL quality? You can still go back to Best Buy's Customer Service and get $10 back with the 10% coupon lying around if you care to, may not be worth it though. Is it light? heavy?

That is one HUGE case

And yes, the case is Lian-Li quality, overall it's solid. It doesn't have tooless design or anything, but you get tons of space so customization is easy.

Well hmm, some times I'd like to believe that, but the computer rang up 'Lian-Li' as the OEM...as well as those Velocity cases you may find.

I would love to get this case, but I have no clue what to do with my Antec 900 (damn thing weights a metric ton and is impossible to work in).

How's the build quality? LL quality? You can still go back to Best Buy's Customer Service and get $10 back with the 10% coupon lying around if you care to, may not be worth it though. Is it light? heavy?

The quality is pretty good. It's a heavy case but it's reasonable for the size. It's fairly solid (rigid) too.
I have never used a Lian Li case before but from the looks of it and the Lian Li designs I have found... they are really really similar. Whether they are the same company I couldn't tell you.

I'm not worried about the extra 10% off, thanks though.

Lian Li is one of my favorite case manufacturers, though lately I've become rather fond of the Antec P180. Even the large Lian Li are lighter than, say, a Thermaltake anything.

I agree that this would make an awesome case for a liquid-cool setup...in fact, I'm tempted to give it a shot, since I've been debating building something with 780i.

Stopped by my local BB today, the price is the same (149.99) though it's over $200 online. Oh, and the shipping label on the box said "LIAN LI" right across it. ;)

The original manufacturer is Lian Li, you can find it in RSS if you work there or take my word for it if you dont. Its big, the box is massive but pretty light. Also according to the terms of that 10% coupon it will not work on the case.

Computers: DVD-RW drives • external hard drives • notebook accessories • printers $149 & up • scanners $99 & up • computer networking • computer speakers, mice and keyboards • PC cameras • PC gaming controllers • digital recorders $99 & up • surge protectors • computer flash memory • computer cables • graphics and sound cards • blank digital media • blank video media • ink cartridges • printer docks • paper

no mention of anything close to cases.

BB is notorious for just excepting coupons, might as well just try it. I really want this case, but it turned out I had a bad PSU so no money, no new case.

BB is notorious for just excepting coupons, might as well just try it. I really want this case, but it turned out I had a bad PSU so no money, no new case.

+1, give it a try, that's why people always say YMMV about their coupons, it really depends who rings you up at the register. A lot of them really don't care, but some are really particular about this stuff.

I've managed stacking two coupons, it was during the Hitachi Terabyte deal for $200, they pricematched a $40 of purchases $199 or more from Circuit City, and they added the 10% coupon, which brought this drive down to $140ish + tax. Bottom line, it's worth a try.

does anyone know where can i get this baby outside of the states? i can't find it here in australia. Does bb ship over sea? thanx guys

Gonna try to grab one tomorrow if they're priced ~$70 and try the 10% coupon...

My still grab it without the 10% coupon, that really just saves you tax in my state.

does anyone know where can i get this baby outside of the states? i can't find it here in australia. Does bb ship over sea? thanx guys

You can call Best Buy, or e-mail them. But...

You're better off finding a Lian-Li PC-A71B (mentioned in my OP) instead. I know there are quite a few retailers that carry LL down in Australia. Even if it can be had (YMMV) for $70ish, it's still not worth shipping it over due to shipping costs (it may not be that heavy, but the size of the box is big enough to be expensive), as well import taxes and fees...not the best to deal with from my past experiences. The total end cost would cost just as much as an actual LL case purchased in Australia. In my opinion go with the a Lian-Li case that suits your needs, this case may be too big for the average use. I would recommned this for servers since it takes E-ATX motherboards. You can always try ebay. Good Luck.

Gonna try to grab one tomorrow if they're priced ~$70 and try the 10% coupon...

My still grab it without the 10% coupon, that really just saves you tax in my state.

nice... ;)

*Thread title needs to be changed to $120 shipped / $72 & B&M YMMV

I'm hoping to move my server into this, just cause the V1000 is a bit limited... I could end up w/ 18 spots for HDD's E-ATX and PSU with breathing room ... V1000 is cramped in comparison...

It shows in-stock, I just hope they have it for $72...

thanx for ur advice gramarye, appreciated bro. I jsut got flashed by the price of that beast lzol and i'm also running wc on my pc atm,so my Lianli K7 is abit small for it, but it still fits prety well. the A71 is abit expensive and i wud rather get a TJ-07 instead. But thanks anway folks. oh and u folks are sure damn lukcy to have such great gadget in the states, Australia is so crap with this kinda things *sighz*

I grabbed one of these when they hit $72, lots of room...insane amount of room for someone use to working in mid towers. Not as cramped as my former Antec 900 and it has decent air. On the otherside of things, combine the cost of this case, some unexpected bills and another good deal on a case and I'm in the hole :D

I have 4 lian-li cases... and 2 computers...

Grabbed it for $72... tax was like $6 so $78 for a full-tower LianLi case... nawt bad :)

Gotta sell my V1000 now

Went to 2 different bestbuys, and they both had them at the regular price of $119.

Mine had it listed at $202, had a guy look up the SKU# and it was $72...

Got mine installed and setup... ridiculous amount of room in this case :)

And much quieter than my V1000 Although I only have 2 x 120mm fans running and a ACFreezer... I'm gonna swap out the front LianLi fan with an Enermax... which are dead silent.

Back