Overclocking and RAM

AMDXP

2[H]4U
Ok, I am overclocked at 9x334 and it's stable.

My ram was running a divider at 2:3 @ DDR2 1002.

I went into Bios and set my ram to 5:6 to run at DDR2 800.

The timings are still 5-5-5-18

What setting is better?

Also, should I tighten the timings?

What's the benefit!

Sorry

I am kind of a noob still.

So basically what is better DDR2 @ 800 or the DDR2 @ 1002
And what should I do about timings?

P.S. should I go 1:1? Then my ram operates at DDR2 @ 644...

I would only goto a 1 to 1 ratio if you plan to overclock more. That is set it as 1 to 1 if your trying for a 3.6 GHz clock or more.

Check the manufactures specification for the RAM you have. I am sure they will give timmings you can run at centain speeds.

If your going to keep your current overclock and will run the RAM at 800Mhz, I am sure you can try 4-4-4-12 as the timmings.

I would only goto a 1 to 1 ratio if you plan to overclock more. That is set it as 1 to 1 if your trying for a 3.6 GHz clock or more.

Check the manufactures specification for the RAM you have. I am sure they will give timmings you can run at centain speeds.

If your going to keep your current overclock and will run the RAM at 800Mhz, I am sure you can try 4-4-4-12 as the timmings.

Alright, so leave it at 5:6 and just try the 4-4-4-12 timings?

What will happen if anything goes wrong ^_^

In all likely hood nothing will go wrong.

But if for whatever reason it does not POST or does not boot into windows you can always clear the CMOS, or try to get back into the CMOS setup and change the timmings back.

In all likely hood nothing will go wrong.

But if for whatever reason it does not POST or does not boot into windows you can always clear the CMOS, or try to get back into the CMOS setup and change the timmings back.

Ok, my ram is rated DDR2 800.

The 5:6 gives me 800, so leave it at that?

And try 4-4-4-12 timings?

Yes.
Also, what is the reccomended voltage for this RAM and what do you have it set to currently?

For example G skill reccomends the voltage for my RAM to be 2.0-2.1 And I am running it on 2.125

Don't use software monitering for voltages. What is it set to in the CMOS?
Set it to what the manufacturer reccomends, minimum.

Only reason I am running .25volts over is because it is slightly overclocked.

Don't use software monitering for voltages. What is it set to in the CMOS?
Set it to what the manufacturer reccomends, minimum.

Only reason I am running .25volts over is because it is slightly overclocked.

AUTO

In CMOS

I set it to 4-4-4-12

Works fine.

But now let's say if I want to push farther, move to a 1:1 ratio so I don't end up overclocking my RAM?

PS - You're very helpful!

:)

AUTO

In CMOS

I set it to 4-4-4-12

Works fine.

But now let's say if I want to push farther, move to a 1:1 ratio so I don't end up overclocking my RAM?

PS - You're very helpful!

:)

You can leave the Memory voltage on auto if you have no problems with stability.
However, once you reach higher overclocks and your RAM is run over it's rated speed, it is a good idea to set the voltage manually to what the manufacture reccomends.

And yes, you should put it on a 1 to 1 ratio if you want to go farther with your overclock.

Back