Super Gaming Rig parts purchased

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
Antec Nine Hundred Black Computer Case With Side Panel - Retail $119.99

ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail $179.99

G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Memory - Retail $109.99
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GO STEPPING 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor - Retail $279.99

EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail $509.99

Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty - Retail - ALREADY HAVE IT

2X Western Digital Raptor 150GB 3.5" Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM $169.99 X2 RAID 0

CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply - Retail Retail $169.99

LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM $35.99

Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler - Retail $64.99

SCYTHE SFF21E 120MM S-FLEX FLUID DYNAMIC BEARING FAN 3-PIN 49CFM 20.1DBA $14.99

Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Ultimate for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM $179.99

ok there it is, just orderd all that from newegg except for the q6600 GO stepping wich i got from clubit total was about $2000 all i need to do now is decide on a sweet LCD i am looking at the samsung 226bw or the 24" 245bw im leaning more to the 24" 245bw but im not quite sure, im sure this is going to be a [H] gaming rig with the right overclocking and tweaks :)

1 final problem is that the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler may or may not fit in this case i read that some people say it barely fits with millimeters to spare i will have to wait and see and maybe downgrade to the 90mm version of it.

It does fit in the case but just barely, and i mean barely! The side panel only closes 95% of the way. Not a problem for me. If you plan on putting a side fan in, thats ok too.

Looks like a great build, but I would have gone with a Antec p180/182, just to make things a little less cramped in there and you can fit the longest video card you can image in it (especially if you remove the middle hard drive chamber) But still, the Antec 900 is a very hot case too

GTX? Really?!? why not GTS 512MB?

Anyhow, nice build. Go with the Samsung 22" unless you don't mind a single GTX and a 24"... which should handle it ok -- you may have to turn down a few settings. Hopefully, the GTX replacement will be out soon so you can step up.

Yeah why didn't you go for the 8800GTS 512MB like Markyip1 and I both recommended in your other thread?:(

Looks good but the video card choice puzzles me.:confused:

Agreed. Good setup except for the GTX. Don't say we didn't warn you :eek:

Mark.

well I guess I just wanted it to be [H] the 768mb ram won't make a difference? Man I have been out of the loop so long but buildingthis new rig should get me back into things

Now any suggestions on a nice LCD

Not really. You also have to take into account of amount of shaders, clock speed, memory clock speed, etc. So more RAM doesn't always mean it'll be a better buy over a card with less RAM. And in terms of price to performance, the 8800GTS 512MB is a much better buy since it's ~$370 or so and offers the performance of a GTX.

well I guess I just wanted it to be [H] the 768mb ram won't make a difference? Man I have been out of the loop so long but buildingthis new rig should get me back into things

Now any suggestions on a nice LCD

Well I'll put up a vote for that Samsung 226BW, I have one and it's great for gaming aswell as work. How much is the 24"? If it's even close to double the cost I'd just go for two 22" 226BW's, ofcause if you don't plan to do much work on your rig then the 2nd screen would be a waste.

Just thought I'd throw the idea at you, I myself are considering adding screen number two...

Nice build, reminds me of someone else... Yea since the new GTS came out I will probably get that instead of the GTX and by then there should be enough room for a better card to come out if one does. I'll will probably do the ordering in Jan so that gives me at least till march for a step-up. My TT Armor is just setting in my room... so tempting to fill it up.

Not to piss in your cheerios, but I think a 510 dollar GTX is a real bad move right now. If I absolutely had to build a new rig right now (and couldn't wait for the next high end card to come in Feb) I'd have bought one of those 238 dollar 8800GTs. Use it for 2 months, upgrade to the new 500-600 high end, sell the GT for like 190.

I find it funny how you titled the thread "super gaming rig" and nothing in it is top of the line...

I find it funny how you titled the thread "super gaming rig" and nothing in it is top of the line...

The Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme(as far as air cooling goes), 2X Western Digital Raptor 150GB and Vista 64-Bit Ultimate is pretty top of the line. Everything else is fairly high end.

well sorry I'm just really excited here I have not built a machine in almost 3 years and I have yet to play any of the new games like etqw ut3 crysis etc and this build is pretty super from what I have now a 3500+ 6800gt 1gb ram evga nforce4 mobo. LOL

The IP35 Pro is top of the line unless you count X38s, which offer... no real performance improvement.

The GTX is still the fastest thing around when OCed, save for an Ultra, which.. just OCs higher. So yeah.

DDR2-800 isn't, no. Neither is the Q6600, but that's a question of sanity and price-performance. He didn't say "best rig ever."

The IP35 Pro is top of the line unless you count X38s, which offer... no real performance improvement.

The GTX is still the fastest thing around when OCed, save for an Ultra, which.. just OCs higher. So yeah.

DDR2-800 isn't, no. Neither is the Q6600, but that's a question of sanity and price-performance. He didn't say "best rig ever."

yes im going to overclock the 8800gtx what do you guys have on that!:p

Back