60mm dual radiator

alz0rz

Limp Gawd
I'm searching for a 60mm dual radiator for a project that I am about to start on but I cannot find them anywhere.

Does anyone know if these even exist? Or can point me in a certain direction! Any help would be appreciated!

al ;)

LOL, it never existed. The smalles ones I heard is dual 80mm.

dual 80 or single 80 ......never heard of anything smaller than that

coolermaster aquagate viva has a kit with a dual 70mm.. best I found ;(

Yes cooler master kit is perfect for your need and $19AR you will get the whole kit.

How much time it take to grow in a Thermochill PA120.2 ? :p

I wonder how much it can dissipate with such a tiny radiator :eek:

performance-pcs.com has one. I am taking a guess you might be watercooling an xbox 360?

How much time it take to grow in a Thermochill PA120.2 ? :p

I wonder how much it can dissipate with such a tiny radiator :eek:

Well, a single DD 80mm rad dissipates about 990BTUs, I would guess that it would be about equivalent, although, I have not been able to find a data sheet with exact properties (for the dual 40mm).

990BTU / 3.41BTU = 290w (keep in mind, this is rounded data for a BIX 80mm single, which I would expect the dual 40mm to come relatively close to, since it states that it is based on the same design)

Here's a translation from German to English of the product page, per BabelFish:

Proven quality and an optimal price performance ratio distinguish this new Magicool radiators. The new Magicool radiators offers also absolute TOP cooling performance apart from the exzellenten optics and high-quality processing. The Magicool radiators that pro and Xtrem row belongs to absolute High ending heat exchangers. The copper foils are particularly optimized on supersilent exhaust (with small mechanical handling capacity). For a very small flow resistance the parallel switched channels provide. On both sides of the radiator M3 threads are trained, so that a reciprocal exhaust assembly is possible. In the radiator already 2 connections for hose with 8mm inside diameter are integrated. Importantly: Please before use again rinse. Pivot a screw to test purposes into all M3 threads more voher once. In rare cases it can be that something lacquer is in the thread. If the M3-Schrauben should not fit, screws also cutting can be used. Ask attention: Excessive tightening of the screws can damage the radiator. Make sure that the screws do not damage the lamellas of the radiator. Damage due to inappropriate application does not fall under the warranty. Technical data: Material: Copper foils, pre-chambers from brass of dimensions: (L x B x H): 140x42x27mm of connections: G1/4 "weight: approx. 250g mountableness: 8x M3-Gewinde above (for 2x 40mm Luefter), 8x M3 thread down (for 2x 40mm-Luefter) pressure-tested: 8 bar, connection: 2x thread G 1/4 tariff Note: Supply without assembly screws. We recommend e.g. kind. 94501 Warranty: On tightness and processing for 2 years!

Well, a single DD 80mm rad dissipates about 990BTUs, I would guess that it would be about equivalent, although, I have not been able to find a data sheet with exact properties (for the dual 40mm).

990BTU / 3.41BTU = 290w (keep in mind, this is rounded data for a BIX 80mm single, which I would expect the dual 40mm to come relatively close to, since it states that it is based on the same design)

hahaa, show me an 80mm rad, let alone a 120mm rad that can dump 290w :p

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=336&products_id=22597

I was wrong, initially, however, it can't dump 990BTUs, it's almost 939BTU

~939BTU / 3.41BTU = ~275.4W

lol, you guys missed my sarcasm.

The fact that said radiator is rated for more than 100w of actual heat dissipation, is on par with SilenX's 14dba 72cfm fans :p.

A Black Ice Pro 3 can barely dump 1731 BTU/HR...

2x40mm rad != 80mm ;). Common method of lying with statistics, 2x40mm is (2)(40)(40) = 3200mm^2 or 32cm^2. 80mm rad is (80)(80) = 6400mm^2 or 64cm^2.

As for how much heat it can dissipate, there's a theoretically max and then there's what you'll actually want to see. An MCR80 has a C/W of 0.10 at 1.5gpm, so it can take about 100 watts of heat before the water gets 10*C hotter than ambient. A 2x40mm at best is only half the size of an 80mm rad, so 100 watts of heat going through it will mean your water is 20*C above ambient.

In short, a 2x40mm rad will do dip squat for your loop. At best, it adds 2/9 of the cooling capacity of a 120mm rad. At worst, it reduces your flow and everything performs worse. I'd really suggest trying to fit a real radiator somehow.

Not for a 360, setting up a wc setup for my shuttle and space is limited obviously. The 70mm viva radiator should be adequate as someone has already done it. Ah and yes I had just seen the 40mm rads before coming back to check the thread. :)

al ;)

2x40mm rad != 80mm ;). Common method of lying with statistics, 2x40mm is (2)(40)(40) = 3200mm^2 or 32cm^2. 80mm rad is (80)(80) = 6400mm^2 or 64cm^2.

As for how much heat it can dissipate, there's a theoretically max and then there's what you'll actually want to see. An MCR80 has a C/W of 0.10 at 1.5gpm, so it can take about 100 watts of heat before the water gets 10*C hotter than ambient. A 2x40mm at best is only half the size of an 80mm rad, so 100 watts of heat going through it will mean your water is 20*C above ambient.

In short, a 2x40mm rad will do dip squat for your loop. At best, it adds 2/9 of the cooling capacity of a 120mm rad. At worst, it reduces your flow and everything performs worse. I'd really suggest trying to fit a real radiator somehow.

If I am incorrect in figuring out the maximum wattage that a radiator is rated for, please explain how to figure it correctly. I know that you can calculate your AC tonnage for a server room by taking you maximum wattage draw X 3.41 = BTUs / 12000 = tons of AC cooling needed. Please help me understand!

AC and radiator for watercooling is different. While I don't know the exact formula (most determine the maximum wattage by actual testing, not by doing theoric calculations), I can assure 250w for that tiny radiator is impossible. A PA120.3 radiator with Yate medium fans at 12v can dissipate about 500w. Extrapolate from there and you get a idea.

Back