8800GT Fedex "Package not due for delivery"

mle

Limp Gawd
Uhm is there any ways these fedex guys will allow me to pick this up???

How is this related to the video card discussion forum?

Why don't you just call fedex and figure out what options you have.

Doubt it. I've called a few times and they never allowed me to do so. I believe somewhere in their company policy is that they must attempt to deliver it once. There was only one exception that I ran into, and it was because my package was stuck at customs for a while.

I had a package coming in from Clubit, and on the day it was supposed to be delivered, it showed that it was damaged on arrival to my local Fedex facility and had to be shipped back to the shipper. I informed a Clubit rep. about it, and he called into Fedex to see if they will allow me to goto the facility and inspect the package to see if anything is even damaged, but they would not allow it.

All the customer service people I have talked to allowed me to put a hold on it so they hold it at the depot so you can pick it up without a delivery attempt being made. I believe the trick is you have to catch it between the time it arrives at the depot and before it leaves on the truck. I have done this numerous times when I knew I would not be able to be home to receive the package. You might try the 1-800 number and then the local office but will probably have to call early in the morning. Both UPS and FEDEX have let me do this before.

Fed-Ex has always let me pickup in the past, this is mainly due to the fact that they don't come out to my area every day.............:eek:

I've had this happen a few times in that past. All I did was call the local Fedex office and tell them I was going out of town that afternoon for the remainder of the week and if I could simply pick it up on my way out. Every time they said I could. Might depend on your local office though. I would think that they shouldn't have a problem with it as it does save the driver a little time/gas to deliver other packages. dunno though...I don't work in shipping :p

Thanks for the advice - but no dice. They said the econ. shipments are compartmentized with no way to get an individual package.

Oh well :(

Well it is about a video card, duh!
Besides, who made you God of the video card forum?

Thanks for the advice - but no dice. They said the econ. shipments are compartmentized with no way to get an individual package.

They're FOS. If there's no way to get an individual package...how the hell do they get them out for delivery??? They fed me that line of BS the first time I called and I told them I was going to be out of town for the next 7-8 days on an emergency and didn't want the package sent back. The lady said " let me see what I can do" and put me on hold for about 5 minutes. She came back and said they had to wait for the mgr to get back with the keys and they could have it out for the afternoon for me to pick up.

This is the single most annoying thing about fedex. You'd think they'd be GLAD to have some customers pick up the packages as it saves their fleet on fuel and wear. And what's that BS about "fast and on time delivery"??? Hell, UPS has them beat by miles on that one. If I call my local UPS hub I can meet the driver out on the road somewhere to pick my package up if I'm going to be out the afternoon and it requires a signature. All I do is show my license and they're happy to do it.

All shipping companies are out to make $$, but what I don't understand is the attitude at Fedex that they won't let you pick it up at the hub or deliver it early. Hell, I've ordered stuff from Newegg and paid for the cheap-ass ground shipping and gotten things next day. If that were fedex, my damn package would sit in their holding cells until the very last day.

Sounds like they have your package at the delivery point but have not open the compartments that the packages are shipped in to put them on the trucks for delivery yet. You would think FEDEX and UPS would deliver the packages as fast as possible instead of holding on to them for a day or two just because it was shipped with a certain time guarantee. I guess customer service and wanting to exceed expectations has went out the window to pricing and only giving customers what they pay for.

I worked for fedex express until recently and we used to get requests like this all the time, and you just can't accommodate them all, fedex like many companies is feeling the hurt of gas prices and cutting back any way they can, they staff only enough people to get the job done and there is no extra personnel to go look through the cans for packages(ULDs are the size of a small room, needle in a hay stack). Everyone that is working is killing themselves to make commitment times.

And it doesn’t usually save much time or fuel for you to pick it up because they are usually in the area anyways.

That’s the way it was in my station tho maybe its different other places

Sounds like they have your package at the delivery point but have not open the compartments that the packages are shipped in to put them on the trucks for delivery yet. You would think FEDEX and UPS would deliver the packages as fast as possible instead of holding on to them for a day or two just because it was shipped with a certain time guarantee. I guess customer service and wanting to exceed expectations has went out the window to pricing and only giving customers what they pay for.

Of course it has, it has been like that for many many moons.
If you always shipped with ground and got it in one or two days, what incentive would there be for you to ship it overnight or 2-day?

They are selling a product and they can't sell their more exspensive product if the cheaper one is always keeping up with the other.

but it's only in certain cases that the cheaper method keeps up with the more expensive. Newegg for example. I'm in Missouri, Newegg ships from both coasts and TN. If I happen to get something that was shipped from TN, I get it the next day. If I get it from the east or west coast, it normally takes the standard 3 days. All the while I still pay for the standard delivery and expect nothing more.

It's not a BAD thing that customers are HAPPY when something arrives BEFORE the allotted time you paid for it. If anything, it makes the customers want to use that particular company more often. Me for example. Just because of this very issue, if I have a choice between Fedex and UPS, I'll chose UPS every time. Simply because they tend to work with the customer more than Fedex seems to. They might smash up your package real good and drive over it a few times in the process, but they deliver it when it shows up in their hub... ahead of schedule or not. (I've never recieved a bad package from UPS though...but seeing as I've seen plenty of people that have... I just HAD to throw that in ;) )

Back