samsung 275T

cyro26

n00b
Just wanted to give this display great feedback. I've never gamed on anything like it, at this point i could never go back to anything smaller and I wouldnt want anything larger either. I used to be a LCD hater, and i must say WOW, never seen colors so sharp. these LCD's have really come a lonnngg way in the last 2 years. Just thought id share since it was a toss up between a few displays for me but im sure i made the right chioce.

Does have 1 dead pixel though, didnt even bug me, only seems to show in certain color backgrounds. I guess nothings perfect.

If you got the money this is a great buy..

how is this noticeble ? 50 milliseconds equals 0.05 seconds ! what possible activity
can be affected by that ?

Fast 3D games. As a comparison my Samsung 226bw is only 2ms and has next to no input lag. I had an old 17" Samsung 171s and it was 30ms and I had to go back to CRT because I found it inadequate for gaming with and I also noticed text blurring when scrolling web pages. This is the first LCD I have found to be great for gaming on but even then it doesn't match a crt for black levels even though it claims 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.

do you notice any input lag with your 275T ?

where did you purchase it and how much did you pay ?

I don't have a 275T, but I do have a 204Ts, I love the screenquality, but I absolutely hate it for it's inputlag. Since alle the Samsung 2xxT series seem to have absurd inputlag, I absolutely boycot them.

Mine Dell 2007FP already shipped from the USA and should be here in The Netherlands where I live in a few days. I purchased it to get rid of the inputlag. (+IPS)

So I absolutely won't buy the 275T, even if it was for $300

Secondly I don't like screens with a low number of DPI, so I don't buy 19"(5:4), 22", 27" at all ;)

@Mindoculus: ooh, 50 ms is nothing? How about 100 ms? It's only 50 more, hmm, 200 is only two more times next to nothing added.... hmm...

This "input lag" has me very concerned. I game on my Dell 2407 and see no ghosting at all. I've seen a lot of reviews for the 275T. All of them said it can handle games very well. Does the Dell 2707 perform better?

the input lag they're talking about has nothing to do with ghosting - its a time delay between the input from your pc to the output of that image. so you end up waiting a short time for an action to happen after you've say moved your mouse in CS:S

And due to that you can't make headshot to moving enemies anymoree because their head moves 20 centimeter in that 50 ms

I have a hard time believing that an input lag of even 50ms will have a significant impact on gaming. Even the simplest reaction(detection of a stimulus) takes between 130-150ms. It takes most people 50-75ms to blink. So, if you feel hindered by an input lag of 50ms you might as well tape your eyes open to prevent those pesky blinks from disrupting your game play.

I have a hard time believing that an input lag of even 50ms will have a significant impact on gaming. Even the simplest reaction(detection of a stimulus) takes between 130-150ms. It takes most people 50-75ms to blink. So, if you feel hindered by an input lag of 50ms you might as well tape your eyes open to prevent those pesky blinks from disrupting your game play.

i bet you suck at gaming.

i bet you suck at gaming.

I used to be quite good but sadly my reaction times have decreased with age. I'm only 27, but I cant keep up with the 17year olds anymore. I don't get to play as much as I used to as well since I now work and have a family.

I am not trying to say that for those blessed with superior reaction times 50ms makes no difference. I know from my experience at high levels of play milliseconds count.

For the average user, and those of us who can no longer compete at the highest level there is very little difference between a CRT and the slowest LCDs. In fact the LCD will often provide a superior experience since there is less eyestrain and fatigue. The OP is simply trying to pass on his satisfaction with this display. For those who don't game competitively this display would be perfectly adequate.

You give the proof that it is irritating yourself. A human reaction time of 130-150, let's say 140 ms. So if you have 140 ms reaction time and a 275T, you will always loose from the players with 190 ms reaction time and CRT, well, that sucks.
Always aiming on two - three frame in the history, it's irritating ;)

Since alle the Samsung 2xxT series seem to have absurd inputlag, I absolutely boycot them.

Mine Dell 2007FP already shipped from the USA and should be here in The Netherlands where I live in a few days. I purchased it to get rid of the inputlag. (+IPS)

I hope you made sure you're getting the S-IPS version since you might get the Samsung's S-PVA panel you're trying so hard to avoid. Did you buy it on ebay?

try 15ms, 20ms for me I notice let alone 50ms.

I just got this monitor yesterday and I love it. As far as I can tell there is no problem playing games with this monitor. I played a few hours of BF2 yesterday and didn't notice lag that stopped me from sniping. This monitor is light years ahead of my Dell 24". Also all the reviews I read said it was better than the Dell 27". Not that the Dell is bad in any way but the Samsung is better. I do miss my memory card reader that was on the Dell. Oh well I will have to live with it.

I'm beginning to wonder if this input lag is overblown. Not to say it doesn't exist, but I can't find any info about it for either the 275T or 2707. Every review I've read puts these two LCDs neck-in-neck, with the slight edge going to the 275T. Unless I find something definite about input lag, I'm sticking with my original 275T order.

You give the proof that it is irritating yourself. A human reaction time of 130-150, let's say 140 ms. So if you have 140 ms reaction time and a 275T, you will always loose from the players with 190 ms reaction time and CRT, well, that sucks.
Always aiming on two - three frame in the history, it's irritating ;)

The figure I note for human reaction time is really very optimistic. This is the time it takes for a human to respond to a stimulus. An example would be to see a flash and press a button.

Gaming requires a much more complex reaction. If the stimulus is friendly do nothing, but if it is hostile attack. Further if attack is the appropriate action what type of attack, close range use weapon1, long range use weapon2. If weapon1 is used spray and pray, if weapon 2 is used restrict your self to 3 shot bursts.

In this more complex scenario only those who have conditioned themselves sufficiently will be able to approach the quickest possible voluntary reaction times. Athletes call this muscle memory, for gamers twitch memory might be more appropriate. For the rest of us we are lucky to chose the appropriate action chain with out error let alone do it in less than a second.

The average person is ill equipped to take advantage of a mere 25-50ms. I am not saying that it is not possible for an individual to train themselves to do so. I am stating that for every one person able to do this there are thousands more that will never even come close. For those other thousands input lag means nothing.

Lag has nothing to do with reaction time. The problem with lag is it makes it hard to aim quickly because your movements feel delayed, and what you're seeing on the screen is slightly behind what's actually going on. That's the problem. 50 ms is annoying for me even with normal desktop usage. It makes the computer feel sluggish, like I'm using it over a network connection. I'm really annoyed that Samsung gets away with making laggy monitors just because most people don't notice.

I hope you made sure you're getting the S-IPS version since you might get the Samsung's S-PVA panel you're trying so hard to avoid. Did you buy it on ebay?

I asked the eBay seller for the serialnumber and it ends on 'L'. All users on this forum who are receiving Dell 2007(W)FP monitor with serial ending on 'L' report having S-IPS panels. Those with S-PVA panel report having a serial ending on 'S'.

@Above: I feel really sorry for the guys not noticing inputlag. Then you must be a real bad gamer... :eek:

I also play BF2 and now I even notice that the sounds comes ahead the image. I hear myself getting shot an later on I can see it on the screen.

All you guys bitching about input lag go and buy a CRT monitor. I bet 99.9% of you dont even have anyone of these monitors and never will. As we enjoy our great monitors you guys can wait for that perfect LCD. Good luck you will need it.

2707 has less inputlag, still too much. Samsung 2xxT series have always been the worst inputlag screens as far as I know.

@LawGiver: no, it's that the visual part isn't synchrone with the audio part due to inputlag.

@DBZ33: I still do have a CRT ;). Secondly, if they would still sell NEW CRTs, I would buy them.

Nowadays you can't find any NEW 22" CRT from the newest series. Except for some old stock on eBay now and then..

If they start producing 130 KHz 22" CRTs again, I will buy them.

Okay, does the Dell 2407 have this lag effect, too? I don't see it on mine... and since I got privy to the input lag issue I've been looking for it, believe me.

All you guys bitching about input lag go and buy a CRT monitor. I bet 99.9% of you dont even have anyone of these monitors and never will. As we enjoy our great monitors you guys can wait for that perfect LCD. Good luck you will need it.
DBZ -- Do you notice any of the dreaded input lag on your 275T during games?

. This is the first LCD I have found to be great for gaming on but even then it doesn't match a crt for black levels even though it claims 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.

CRT's native contrast ratio is prolly something like 50 000:1+.

DBZ -- Do you notice any of the dreaded input lag on your 275T during games?

No lag here that makes my game any worse than my Dell 24". And I have been playing BF2 for a few years. So I would notice it. I have had a Dell 24", Gateway FHD2400, Sony 20.1" CRT, and now this Samsung 275T. This is the best LCD that I have owned so far. This thread is not about comparing CRT and LCD's its about the Samsung 275T. I have used many monitors and none have been as good as this Samsung. Of course that is my opinion.

Not all of them. Only some highend models. I remember some Sony 21" Pro CRT tubes that were less than 1000.1 some were even 300.1. Don't get me wrong im not saying that a LCD has the same or better black levels.

Okay, does the Dell 2407 have this lag effect, too? I don't see it on mine... and since I got privy to the input lag issue I've been looking for it, believe me.

To see it you need to put a crt next to it and have both displaying the game in clone mode. The you take photos at high speed and you will see that the LCD image is behind the CRT image. All LCD's have this issue but on my 226bw it is very minimal compared to many others. Thing is it is a gamers monitor and not for people doing digital imaging as it is a 6bit TN panel. I still have a crt on another PC for that purpose. Here is an article that explains it. Some review sites are now measuring input lag and using that as a buying decision for LCD's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag

No lag here that makes my game any worse than my Dell 24". And I have been playing BF2 for a few years. So I would notice it. I have had a Dell 24", Gateway FHD2400, Sony 20.1" CRT, and now this Samsung 275T. This is the best LCD that I have owned so far. This thread is not about comparing CRT and LCD's its about the Samsung 275T. I have used many monitors and none have been as good as this Samsung. Of course that is my opinion.
I've had the Dell 2001FP, 2405FPW and now my 2407WFP. All three performed extremely well with games. If the 275T does at least as well as my 2407, then I'll be thrilled with it.

Yea, unfortunately LCD still has hs a long way to go to match CRT in some areas. I have an LCD projector too and it took me ages to calibrate it to where I can live with the weaker black quality. At least it doesn't have 6bit color per pixel and has no banding issues like I notice on my computer LCD panel. LCD's are good in some ways but in some areas they suck.

I've had the Dell 2001FP, 2405FPW and now my 2407WFP. All three performed extremely well with games. If the 275T does at least as well as my 2407, then I'll be thrilled with it.

Buy it and don't look back. You will not be sorry. It really is the best monitor I have ever had. :D

Not all of them. Only some highend models. I remember some Sony 21" Pro CRT tubes that were less than 1000.1 some were even 300.1. Don't get me wrong im not saying that a LCD has the same or better black levels.

That doesn't sound right, but I''ll have to look into it later....:D

Back