The real fight begins tomorrow...

you´ll need Vista to run that thing :( still waiting till sp1

Why wait till tomorrow :p

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33890706&page=2

lpdx9kt5.jpg

lpdx10od0.jpg

Granted theres no 2900XT in the mixup, but I wont be surprised if it is only on par with the GTS

lol....so much for the argument that the R600 will kick ass at DX10. Now to watch the shit hit the fan when all the fanATIcs see this

Get the fk outa here.... look at those frames.... so let me get this right lol you need gtx sli to run lost planet at 80+ frames LOL and should we assume that the dx10 benchies are maintaining the same fps with the added dx10 features?

Do we assume that the DX9 benches are using medium shadows?

Doesn't the HD2900 XT have some kind of bug with AA that might be showing up here?

These benchmarks are not very useful without that info.

Do we assume that the DX9 benches are using medium shadows?

Doesn't the HD2900 XT have some kind of bug with AA that might be showing up here?

These benchmarks are not very useful without that info.

I agree.

These benchmarks are the reason I am still on the fence...:rolleyes: If I am going to invest in a new video card, it sure as hell should be able to play the new games even without AA @ 30 FPS / 1920x1200.

So looks like I will be waiting till the fall to see what Nvidia has cause all I play today is counterstrike, and I am looking forward to UT 2007.

Don't get me wrong, I am very tempted to buy a 8800GTX, since it rocks in all current DX9 benchmarks, but I don't want to be disappointed six months from now.

Oh boy... This reminds me of the Potc 3 quote. "...They will fight and they will die..."

These benchmarks are the reason I am still on the fence...:rolleyes: If I am going to invest in a new video card, it sure as hell should be able to play the new games even without AA @ 30 FPS / 1920x1200.

So looks like I will be waiting till the fall to see what Nvidia has cause all I play today is counterstrike, and I am looking forward to UT 2007.

Don't get me wrong, I am very tempted to buy a 8800GTX, since it rocks in all current DX9 benchmarks, but I don't want to be disappointed six months from now.

i was kind of thinking like that as well, but i pretty much know that if i still care about pc gaming next year ill upgrade then (i have about a 12 month upgrade cycle), and i damn sure wont be running windows vista before then (if its not gonna be XP then Linux is more likely then vista)

imho Dx10 performance is irrelavent to me now, by the time the mainstream games all truely use dx10 my future 8800GTS will get replaced anyway, till then Dx9 will suit me just fine

Well, it looks like no matter what card you buy right now they will all get their asses kicked in dx10 games. If you look over at firing squad, even an 8800 Ultra struggles to get over 30fps in the dx10 call of jaurez benchmark. But since this is an early build of the game, I'm sure the performance will improve a good bit more. And the 2900XT still loses to an 8800gts in this benchmark. You can see the benchmarks here

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/amd_ati_radeon_hd_2900_xt_performance_preview/page19.asp

Here are some more benchmarks that I just ran across

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/504/3/

Back