Changes not saving in Vista

artimasz

Gawd
I have been using Vista Business for about a month now and have noticed some quirks here and there. One of them is really annoying, which is trying to save setting changes.

For instance, when I try to hide a folder, and click the check-box then hit [ok], the folder will not have a hidden attribute. Looking back in the properties on the folder there is no check-box checked for hidden.

Also, when opening a file and running it, there is a option that says "don't show this message again", clicking this does nothing.

It seems that any changes done thru explorer.exe for me are not saving. I have tried to disable UAC and enable it. I only have kaspersky and the built in windows defender running for protection, tried disabling those also.

Thanks!

I uninstalled Kaspersky and restarted. Still happening, at least on the root c:\

I am able to hide folders that are within folders, but unable to hide anything on the c:\ root.

Is this a new "feature" in Vista?

Thanks!

I uninstalled Kaspersky and restarted. Still happening, at least on the root c:\

I am able to hide folders that are within folders, but unable to hide anything on the c:\ root.

Is this a new "feature" in Vista?

I hope not!

Does it happen even if you create a brand new folder at c:\?

I have the display of hidden folders turned on and there are several hidden folder in my c:\ drive. When I right click -> properties, "Hidden" is checked (it's interesting that the checkbox for Read Only and Hidden are different looking)

I'm using Ultimate / 32 bit.

I rebooted again, it seems not all of kaspersky was removed.

I'm now able to edit attributes on the c:\.

I have instead replaced kaspersky with Antivir. All seems to work great now.

Back