DFI Lanparty 4 red light debugger...Really need help

O-P-M

Gawd
I sent my computer off to a guy who bought it. Apparently UPS really wrecked the package, the front door on the Antec p180 got jacked up and fell completely off when he opened it, anyways.

He is unable to boot the computer up, he tried to and it acts like it wants to start but it stops and the 4 red debugger lights come up. He tried resetting the bios, taking the battery out and all that junk but it still hasn't fixed it. Any ideas?

I guess somehow your PC was damaged during shipping. Time to file for a claim. I hope you insured it for what it's worth, or else, UPS will only give you $100 for it. Good luck!

4 LED's, means no CPU detection, 3 Ram, 2 Video, 1 err...can't remember 1.

Try reseating the CPU

trying that now. Think I might just buy a new motherboard for him.

Didn't work. We've tried getting it running about every way you can. We trouble shot everything. Is it safe to say its the motherboard got jacked up in shipping?

Have you tried 8hr clear also is psu the same and what kind? Might try reseating cpu.
Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU
3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM
2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA
1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS
0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

Example: If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

The lower(PCI) Amber LED is the 5VSB indicator. The upper Amber LED is the RAM voltage indicator. Once the rig has started and been shut down the RAM LED will go out until the PSU is power cycled.

It's just a straight 4 LED nothing happens. He reseated the CPU and I don't really see how the CPU could have gotten wiped out but I could see how the mobo got killed when that big ass heatsink on it. I'm about to order a new mobo I just hope I don't waste this money and get have to buy another Opteron.

Back