Critique needed please

muppetboy

n00b
I'm thinking of building a water loop to replace the CPU cooler in my sig. I'm rock solid at 3.2 MHz but have to push 1.5v (bios setting) to achieve this. Idle temps are around the 50C mark, with load temps around 65-70 (TAT, 100% loading). To go faster would mean even more heat and I don't think my poor old Ninja can keep up!

Being new to this I would appreciate some advice on if I have made the correct choices and if I have missed anything out:

CPU block: D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2"
Pump: Laing D5/Swiftech MCP655 Inline
Radiator: ThermoChill PA120.3 or maybe HW Labs Black Ice GT Stealth 360?
Res: Danger Den High-Density Polyethylene Bay Reservoir
1/2" ID (3/4" OD) Tygon Silver Antimicrobial Tubing
Stainless Steel Worm-Drive Hose Clamps (Wide Band w/Liner)

Not going to bother with the GPU at the moment as I'm pretty happy with the zalman I have fitted, although this may change in the future. Should I bother with my northbridge whilst I am at it, I imagine with the kind of volts I'll be pulling soon she will be getting a touch toasty?

Also, is it a problem to mount the radiator outside the case? The reason being I am pretty short on space internally and don't think it would fit even with a bit of modding.

I have that same block and the 655 pump. Both are great, pump is very quiet once you bleed out the air and has a really good flow rate.

I have the Black Ice 480, but apparently the 120.3 is great at passive. You can't use the 480 or 360 passive from what I've tested. With 4 fans the 480 is cooler than the 120.3 from what I've read, but by a hair. Couldn't get my hands on the 120.3 which is why I elected to get the 480, otherwise I probably would have bought it. I'm also cooling two GPUs which is why I chose the 480. If it was a decision between the 360 and 120.3, I'd take the Thermochill anyday.

If you use 1/2 tubing it's tough to get hose clamps around that D-tek Fuzion block. I ended up using a couple of zip straps instead, but they work just as good.

Mounting the rad is another story. I'm still figuring that one out.

Looks good.

That res is hard to fill once installed, and the water rushing in it is loud.

That tubing is hella expensive... The mastekleer is better stuff, but it doesn't come in silver (at least, not very often).

Actually if you must have a res the Swiftech Micro is supposed to be very quiet.

The Masterkleer tubing is very flexible and a great bargain.

Are you concerned with noise at all? If so ditch the res and go with a t-line.

Noise is not my primary consideration, at the moment I've got a couple of 75cfm case fans which could never be considered even remotely quiet.

Looks good.
That res is hard to fill once installed, and the water rushing in it is loud.
Actually if you must have a res the Swiftech Micro is supposed to be very quiet.
I'm looking for performance first, noise second. I understand that having a res is more for convenience than anything. If it gives nothing yet increases noise then I am quite willing to do without.

The Masterkleer tubing is very flexible and a great bargain.

It is quiet, but it doesn't hold a lot of liquid and seems that the inlet/outlet and too close together for it to be that effective. I noticed that the outlet will suck in air bubbles pretty quick from the inlet. I upgraded to an XSPC 250mm rad, which is quite a bit bigger.

Back