VISTA - Wireless USB AR5523 Drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackHawk22

Limp Gawd
Where can I get vista compatible ones? I have an Airlink101 USB AWLL4030 model and I have no idea where to get drivers or where to begin. Networking isnt exactly my specialty... Please help me.. I have no idea how to set-up my internet with it... The CD with Windows XP drivers works for XP but not Vista...

I'm assuming there weren't any compatible in Vista? (i.e., when you plugged in the device, did it find drivers automatically?)

Thanks to Google, I found the product page. Assuming there's nothing in Vista, you could try the bare XP drivers there. They do not have Vista-specific drivers at this time, but claim to be working on it for some products.

I tried base drivers, I see the client utility.. ACU (Atheros Client Utility) but in it I cannot click any buttons, they're all greyed out - and therefore I can't connect to my home network... I even get a message from vista saying it isnt compatible whenever I launch it.

So it seems there's a problem with that utility. Did you try using the "bare drivers" instead (i.e., the drivers that do not have that utility included)?

Did you upgrade from XP or is it a fresh install?

At this point - I think the best you can hope for is to uninstall the utility (assuming it is installed) and try using Vista's built in tools to set up your connection...or wait for them to get Vista-specific drivers...or get different hardware.

Vista? With non-moron AND non-confusing tools? Where? MICROSOFT vista? Please, direct me to where I can connect my USB wi-fi connector to my network with just vista... IDK how to do that...

Soem devices have built-in support. You plug in the USB device, let it auto-detect, and see what comes up. Not likely to work, but possible. If it doesn't find anything, and if you have your wired connection set up, then you can try to go through Windows Update and see if anything pops up then.

Find EXACTLY which chipset the device uses and see if Belkin has a Vista driver for it. Yeah, i said Belkin and not Airlink.

Belkin has many many wireless usb devices with many different chipsets and that was the only way to make my wireless Asus USB adapter work.

Belkin gets a thumbs up from me for their driver support. Asus a big thumbs down.

None of those worked. I need an exact link to the place where the drivers are that might work - because I know as much about networking as monkeys know about nebulae's!

have you tried downloading these:

http://www.airlink101.com/support/i...pport_client=4c40cb2e5319cf06fef5ff64924a9953

and then trying to make them work in vista?

What I mean is the following:

1. right click on "Computer" and select properties

2. open the device manager. Chances are you'll see some unknown network device (maybe labeled ndis wrapper or something).

3. right click that one and select properties again

4. select update driver

5. select "browse the computer for driver software"

6. browse to where you extracted the downloaded drivers

7. see if it works.

Hum, I think I have that model, and I got it to work... :-X

You gotta do what that guy above said, make windows find the device drivers. Don't go to the main folder, go into the folder, the find a specific folder called drivers, the xp...

If you don't specifiy xp drivers, it'll get screwed up and this won't work, since it also has drivers for win 98 and 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back