Great prices on MP3 players - 2GB Ipod Nano rip-off for only ~$45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
http://www.uxcell.com/uxcell/retail/streamPortal.php?stream=mp3

Ripped from www.gotapex.com

Shipping is a flat $5.00. Take 10% off anything on the site using coupon code: KZATZP78CG

A 2GB player with fm radio, all mpeg format abilities, rechargable battery, microphone, nice screen etc, for less than 50 bucks when Ipod nano costs 150 is pretty tempting...

EDIT

I ended up buying the Glacier instead from the same site.......It uses a replaceable nokia cell phone battery and has an external speaker - review on page 2...
pics here

http://www.putfile.com/archaea/images/83471

This is a SWEET unit for 50 bucks...if you are in the market for an mp3 player/fm radio/video player --- DO NOT HESITATE...you will be happy with this unit!

Coupon Code updated through end of March - KZATZP78CG

the full metal platinum looks sick, but i just wouldn't trust it

my favorite part is
360degree view angle
lolz

but might be worth it! if i need one that i don't want to worry about, this might be it. cool site op

Bump for more input...I'm thinking of buying the glacier.

Prices are crazy low. I'm going to remind you of 'buyer beware' and leave it at that.

Are they confused about mp3/mp4 or are they really mp4 players?

Prices are crazy low. I'm going to remind you of 'buyer beware' and leave it at that.

Are they confused about mp3/mp4 or are they really mp4 players?

No, the are mtv players, some weird halfassed asian video format that no convertor converts to or fro, atleast on mac and linux.

If you want a mp4 player, you're going to have to spend about 100 atleast. Or get one of those harddrive enclosure + tv output cases.

actually it plays amv format and there are tons of different convertors...a link a couple pages up to a review site has lots of tips...I'm just about sold on buying the glacier...

http://www.uxcell.com/uxcell/retail...ion=listItem&catId=c06111400ux0001&stream=mp3

Link to a forum for this site

http://www.mympxplayer.org/general-discussion-vf16.html

For the price it seems pretty much unbeatable. ~50 bucks shipped.

external speaker, 2" screen, movies, mp3s, pictures, fm radio, voice recorder, and uses a standard nokia cell phone battery that is replacable so you don't have to just dispose of the unit or buy a new unique battery when it dies due to recharge cycles.

wow.. the glacier can be had for 30 buxx BIN on ebay.. WTF, why are these things so cheap?!:confused:

I read that the nanoish ones have terrible charging problems, might be true for the glacier to, but I think that one uses a nokia battery which would make it fine

i bit and bought the i-Platinum Junior for the gym... 33 buxx and it should be small enough that i won't feel it in my pocket...

wow.. the glacier can be had for 30 buxx BIN on ebay.. WTF, why are these things so cheap?!:confused:
mass produced in china probably

Some interesting products though, had seen the site before but i finally bookmarked it.

Thanks OP

somebody hurry and buy something and tell us how it goes.....im liking the i-Platinum Junior

30 bucks on ebay with 20 shipping -- you'd be better off going from this store with an 80% postive lifetime rating. --- you gotta figure that the numbers on the buis review sites are ALWAYS lower than reality because most people will only post if they get ripped. So an 80% lifetime score is probably really quite good for these type of device sales.

had one worked for a week or two, then just stopped working, build quality feels crappy I guess, you get what you paid for.. :)

alright....after reading quite a bit of good stuff on the glacier and seeing a review of it on utube I bit.

You've sent a secure payment of $56.49 USD to Dragonmarts Company Limited through PayPal. The payment will appear on your card statement as "PAYPAL *DRAGONMARTS". You'll receive an email receipt shortly.

It's $5.30 off with the coupon code, cost $5 to ship, and I paid an extra $3.50 for insurance in shipping from Hong Kong. Total = $56.49

I paid through pay-pal securely - and they had 2750ish feedback through paypal ---so it's not some run in the night company (i hope).....

I'll let you know what I find out. Shipping was said to take 7-14 business days...so it will be a bit before I get back with you. But this could be a really cool little device for the money.

I guess the only major caveat is when the Li-battery goes dead and you have to open it up and solder a new battery in. unless the thing completely dies after only a couple weeks

Alright - so I bought the glacier

THUMBS UP

it came in tonight and it's an AWESOME toy for 50 bucks.

BIG huge screen in comparison to the device. The thing is TINY....I'll take some pictures...

It is about as long as my pinky and about as tall as four or five stacked quarters.

The screen is super clear! The build quality seems great! I think I could probably resell these at work for a profit :)....The interface takes about 3 minutes to get used to before you are a pro!....

Sound is great, radio plays very well,

The headphones it comes with look cool but sound really crappy - when i first plugged it up I thought -- well it's cool, but the sound quality is not soo great...but when I plugged in a pair of cheap ear buds from wal-mart the sound got 100x's better. I think i need to buy a quality pair of ear buds now.

This thing is REALLY truly worth the 50 bucks! I can't speak for the 1.5 platinum unit - but thumbs WAY up for the Glacier!

Alright - so I bought the glacier

THUMBS UP

it came in tonight and it's an AWESOME toy for 50 bucks.

BIG huge screen in comparison to the device. The thing is TINY....I'll take some pictures...

It is about as long as my pinky and about as tall as four or five stacked quarters.

The screen is super clear! The build quality seems great! I think I could probably resell these at work for a profit :)....The interface takes about 3 minutes to get used to before you are a pro!....

Sound is great, radio plays very well,

The headphones it comes with look cool but sound really crappy - when i first plugged it up I thought -- well it's cool, but the sound quality is not soo great...but when I plugged in a pair of cheap ear buds from wal-mart the sound got 100x's better. I think i need to buy a quality pair of ear buds now.

This thing is REALLY truly worth the 50 bucks! I can't speak for the 1.5 platinum unit - but thumbs WAY up for the Glacier!

Sounds promising! Post some pics ASAP!

I also found a coupon code that's a little better than the one from OP. I don't think his 10% coupon works anymore.

Use coupon code MU0FS0RDEV to get 13% off the entire order.

The glacier accepts Nokia cell phone batteries.

QFT...That's why I picked the glacier - of all the units on that website the glacier was the only one that used a battery that would be easy to purchase (Nokia cell phone battery)

I also liked the external speaker option on the unit so I could play some music on my desk and show people my videos with sound (no headphones) The external speaker sounds pretty small, but considering the overall size of the unit it's still really good. I just used the cheapest shipping option and got today...I posted the day I purchased it in here as well...I'd guess two weekish transit time. I did just get it today. It came packaged well in a UXCELL brand box. Came with a USB cord for PC use, and a USB adapter for wall outlet charging. A crappy english translated instruction manual, and a driver CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back