Beat Twilight Princess? How long did it take?

Twilight Princess completion time?

• Total voters

Add 'em

Limp Gawd
I just beat Twilight Princess. What a magnificent game!

I'm curious how long it took others here to finish the game, so I figured a poll would do. I completed it in 36 hours, doing some extra stuff but sticking primarily to the main quest.

Still, I was expecting it to be longer... Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the game and was completely satisfied with it. But when the IGN review says, "It'll keep you busy for at least 50 hours and you could spend double that in Nintendo's new Hyrule," well, that's what I was expecting. Perhaps they exaggerated. Anyhow, just curious about other's times.

did side quests as i came across them, never went out of my way though to get them done

I did in about 27 hours, never did any side quests really. Barebones run through. I'll go back and do side stuff at some point.

I'm 27 hours in and just caught the reek fish to start the quest in the mountains. Not sure how far that is in the game.

I got everything but 60 poes but i did have 45 of them i also got all the lures and did alot of fishing so i was about 54 when i passed it.

Completed the game in 37 hours, did pretty much just the main quest, but I also went around and collected some poes and did some other things.

I beat the game around 41 hours, but I didn't do too many of the side quests. Now I'm going around and finding all the Poes/Bugs/Heart Pieces, and I'm currently around 55 hours and still going. God I love this game. :D

Here's a random question - I missed a container heart piece in the VERY first dungeon. It's the one with the monkeys. Anyway, I try to go back, but the monkeys are now gone and I can't even get into the 2nd room. Do you ever get anything that'll let you cross the gaps and go back in?

38 hours, did a few sidequests but mostly stuck the main quest. Incredible game, just a little disappointed that it wasn't as long as touted by all these journalists and Nintendo themselves.

Oh well, most games nowadays last 12 hours and struggle to keep my interest all the way through whereas Zelda had me enthralled for all 38 hours.

38 hours, did a few sidequests but mostly stuck the main quest. Incredible game, just a little disappointed that it wasn't as long as touted by all these journalists and Nintendo themselves.

Oh well, most games nowadays last 12 hours and struggle to keep my interest all the way through whereas Zelda had me enthralled for all 38 hours.
Agreed. I clocked in at 31 hours and 5 minutes. Loved every moment but I was really hoping for something like 40-50. Ahhh well wonderful game. Now on to getting every heart piece and every poe :p

Agreed. I clocked in at 31 hours and 5 minutes. Loved every moment but I was really hoping for something like 40-50. Ahhh well wonderful game. Now on to getting every heart piece and every poe :p

Dont bother with those fuckin' Poes...

ugh... :I

I clocked in at 63:58.

That includes every single item in the game. Every fish, every lure, every soul, every bug, Cave of Ordeals, etc.

Here's a random question - I missed a container heart piece in the VERY first dungeon. It's the one with the monkeys. Anyway, I try to go back, but the monkeys are now gone and I can't even get into the 2nd room. Do you ever get anything that'll let you cross the gaps and go back in?
Yes, you'll get an item later that will allow you to go back. By the end of the game you'll be able to go back to any place you've been before that has items.

took me right around 72 hours
didn't get every poe
only found about 10 bugs
got the frog lure
never made it all the way through the cave ordeals, but did make 3 or 4 attempts at it

didn't use a guide or walkthrough,
thought it was a great game, perfect length for me

I just beat it about 20 minutes ago, so I thought I revive this thread. It took me 49 hours. I got everything except for 8 Poes, and all fishing lures. I don't know if I want to even bother with the Poes, but I didn't really spend any time fishing so I would like to work on that a while longer. I just got the piece of the heart container and the bottle and left.

I'm giving up on the Poes, I got all the bugs(gay), and getting the heart pieces. Im gonna run through the actual game now. Im at 37 hours, and just got in the Sky City.

I took 50 hours to find everything and play everything including roll goal.

You can go through the purple swamp at ANY time as Link as long as you have oil in the lantern. I mean if the monkey can do it, so can you!

Funny thing is I also forgot the heart piece in the swamp at the beginning. I kept going back to the forture teller asking where the damn heart piece was and I thought I'm sure I got that one, I mean it's the first one. Then I remembered I had helped my sister find it, but had found it once on my save, messed up a save then neglected to grab it on the replay.

All poes are a pain in the ass to find. I wasted a good 8 hours looking for all of them. Cave of ordeals I went through twice! I died on the floor with the 3 dark knights. So frustrating.

I was ready to face off against Ganon at the 35 hour mark but decided to track everything down first before going after him. I wanted 1000 rupees and magic armor and the fairy tears etc. Then found out Ganon is EASY compared to the cave of ordeals. I didn't need to crack open a bottle in any of the fights against ganon.

lol I liked collecting the bugs, though Agitha seemed a little loony tbh.

I ended around 48 hours, only missing a few poes and fishing lures.
Though I'm also one of those people who has to interact with every npc and animal I can. The minigames were pretty fun too, if not irritating at some times.

And yeah Fortune Teller is awesome, helped me find lots of hearts!

The next Zelda game I wouldn't mind having harder bosses, ones that you actually DIED TRYING that took multiple attempts. See: Viewtiful Joe :mad:

Haven't beat it yet, but I'm on hour 65. As far as the main quest goes, I'm past the Sky Temple. I stopped there to get heart containers and take on the Cave of Ordeals. The thing with me is that I'm such a completist that I hunt over every possible inch of ground, chopping away at grass, hookshotting and examining everything in general for secrets. I refuse to use a guide. I love the fact that there are some secrets in the game that take some decent observation of your environment. Take the treasure chests at the South Hyrule Town Gate. I just wish more secrets would pay off in more than rupees though. Sometimes I find myself wearing the Magic Armor just to bleed enough rupees away so that I can get the rupees in a treasure chest because my wallet is full. Either that or give me a bigger wallet than 600 earlier on.

I'm on hour 38 or 39 and I just beat the Twilight Palace.

Great fight with Xant. I had a lot of fun with that fight. Pretty long and action-packed, which is nice.

30 hours, just got the book for the side-quest after Temple of Time. I'm only doing side quests as I come across them, and I very rarely use a guide (only when I'm completely stumped on something, i.e. I'm stuck in a room for 10 minutes and have no damn idea what to do and have tried everything I could think of)

I am curious. Can I enjoy this game if I have not played a Zelda game since SNES? ALTTP was the last Zelda game I played and I would like to try this one but I am afraid I would be lost in the story or just not catch on to things.

Anyone?

I am curious. Can I enjoy this game if I have not played a Zelda game since SNES? ALTTP was the last Zelda game I played and I would like to try this one but I am afraid I would be lost in the story or just not catch on to things.

Anyone?

You can definitely enjoy the game. Heck, part of the idea behind the Zelda timeline is that they are different stories (linked, but it certainly isn't a requirement to have done the previous ones).

This will be a real treat if you haven't played it in so long. If you have an N64 laying around, give Ocarina of Time a shot as well.

Anyone?
I've never played a Zelda game ever, and it's easily my favorite game ever thus far.

if you have never played the n64 zelda games, you may be interested in this http://cgi.ebay.com/Zelda-Ocarina-T...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Definately. TP is an awesome game as it is, but OoT is highly regarded by many people as the best Zelda game ever, and once you play it, you can easily see why. It easily ranks as not only the best Zelda game ever, but one of the best games of all time.

And even better, once you beat the original, you can play through Master Quest, which was never released until this bundle. Master Quest is esentially a harder version of the game, but don't let those few words fool you. You'll find so many twists and turns, different rooms, and mind tricks that it'll even drive the most hardcore Zelda fan insane trying to figure it out.

So both of these games for $10 shipped? Can't go wrong.

The only gripe I have about the Gamecube remake is the controller. I find the control stick way to sensitive, it gave me and my brother headaches while aiming the hookshoot/bow. If you have a newer controller where it's not as worn out it might not be as bad, but using the Wavebird that I've had for about a year and a half before I got OoT, it was hell.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
about 35 hours, closer to 36 so i went 36-40 :) that was my friend playing some parts as well.. on my own i think i could have made 30... and thats doing some sidequests along the way (37 poes or something... then we gave up :p )

last boss SUCKED... too easy... dodge right, roll right, back stab, slash, jump slash, slash, repeat...

according to the calculator linked above, about 79% :p

Total hours = 47
% completed = 84 (using tool above)

Got all Bags (quiver & wallet), Bottles, Bugs, 17 heart containers, All hidden skills and 46 poes. Absolutely fantastic game, best Wii game out, IMO best Zelda game ever (though OoT was a very very second best). Sold my Wii after beating it since there is nothing else on the Wii right now that even comes close to TP.

Back