My VX2025WM problems, and the question of what to do next.

animasaki

Limp Gawd
Starting on 5/12/2006 and now just finishing up (so I hope), I encountered a problem many VX2025wm owners face: a faulty DVI port. Now, one can't expect a faultless product, and a few lemons always get through the product line. I won't fault Viewsonic for that. The problem lies in Viewsonic's seeming disregard for owners of this monitor requesting a replacement. In a change that seemed to have happened near when I bought the monitor (judging by others I've talked to with similar problems), it seems Viewsonic no longer will exchange the VX2025wm models for any reason, instead requiring the consumer to send it in for repairs.

Fair enough, right? It's all covered in warranty anyway. Unfortunately, it doesn't end there. After the pretty reasonable repair time of 10 days, my monitor is shipped back to me. Hooking it back up with glee, I suddenly get a sinking feeling. Two problems were instantly apparent. First, the back panel, used to hide the cable connections, was missing. Secondly, and of course most important, the monitor itself appeared untouched. Sure enough, the DVI port was as inoperable as ever.

I give VS a call, and tell them that it's still broken, and that their repair techs stole my rear panel. What I got was a rude, ignorant reply, claiming she wouldn't do anything for me unless I ran the monitor through some tests. Twenty minutes and two long holds while she read a help file later, I'm finally told that my case would be escalated, and that a manager would call me back in 48 hours.

As I'm sure you can guess, four days go by, and I give VS another call. I'm now given a new RMA #, and told that I need to fax in all of my information again to start the replacement process over. I do so shortly thereafter, wait five more days, and give them a call. Apparently they were 'backed up' no RMAs, and they would get to mine soon. Fair enough.

Six days later with no e-mail or authorization one way or another, I e-mail the customer service rep, Robert Lee. I give that e-mail twelve days for response, get no reply from anyone, and make a claim with the BBB requesting nothing short of a full refund.

I get a call two days later giving me an apology, an offer to replace or refund (I took the latter) the monitor, and contact information should I have any other problems.

----------------------------

And that's that. I'm shipping my monitor out today, and saying good-bye to Viewsonic, or at any rate, the VX2025wm. I have a feeling that, had I chosen a different model, I would have gotten my replacement and been quite happy. Obviously that's not how it went, and if this craziness can help anyone here make a decision on whether you want to get this, I'll have done my duty. I don't want to bash the VX2025wm, as I still think it's an awesome monitor. I place the blame squarely on Viewsonic for not being on the ball with replacements, and short of that, having better repair facilities.

In any case, I'm now down to a 19" Wal-Mart SDTV for my 360, and a 19" CRT for my PC, so I'm really in the market for a quality, budget-concious screen. I'd like to keep it $400 or less, if possible, and it needs the ability to be used on either my PC or 360.

HDTVs of all types and LCD monitors are both fine with me. The larger the better, with a minimum size being 20" (though I'd really like larger) and the max being 27". Also, if you suggest an HDTV, it should have an HDMI input. :D

Any screen I get needs to be widescreen! And if it isn't, there should be a good reason. :p

I would appreciate any guidance you all can offer. Note that if there's nothing out now that fits my requirements, I'm fine with waiting. I want to make the right decision, as I don't have much income devoted to this sort of thing.

Thanks a ton. :D

Man that sucks balls, I remember going though the same kind of run around for an old Viewsonic lcd that I actually still have heh. I was a little bit luckier than you with getting an initial rma number and them agreeing to check it out and replace/repair it. So I shipped it to them, got the same time frame as you for repair (10 days).

Sent the thing out, two weeks go by and I hear or recieve nothing. So of course I called them, and at first they tried to claim that they didnt recieve it, even though UPS said otherwise. So after a good 40 minutes on hold, they "found" it, and told me I would need to wait another week, so whatever, conversation ended and I went back to waiting.

Call them back the next week to see what the status was, go through pretty much the same run around untill I get tired of it and started asking for a manager, which of course, I waiting an hour on hold to talk to. And when I finally did get an answer, he agreed to ship a replacement out, and that it would take, you guessed it, another week.

So 10 days turned into a little less than a month, but when I did finally get it, everything was perfect with it, so I guess in all that time they did something right....almost.

Thanks for the info. I guess Viewsonic is out of the picture for me. I consider customer service part of the price and from your experiences it seems Viewsonic doesn't care about faulty monitors. The VX2025WM was growing on me too.... :(

OH MAN! Viewsonic is pissing me the F OFF! Im still going through this nightmare (see my thread in below link). Its been 10 days today and I've heard nothing. I guess I better give them a call to see if they lost my monitor :\. I can't believe how pathetic Viewsonics replacement/repair procedures are. So if I end up in a similar situation, how long do I wait till I contact the BBB?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1078073

Just called Viewsonic for an update. After a 15min wait while she ran around looking for answers it turns out that Im getting a new replacement even though they had mine for 2 weeks now for repair. What the hell is going on over there! Im angry that its going to be up to 2 more weeks to get the new replacment but happy that Im getting a new one :confused: uuuggghhhh

Back