My 3 laptops: 14 Years of faithful Thinkpad service (PICS)

jmroberts70

2[H]4U
Just thought I'd post a pic of the 3 Thinkpads I have running in (and out) of my home...

thinkpad01.jpg

thinkpad02.jpg

I still use my 14-year-old Thinkpad 700C for most of my typing duties as I just LOVE the keyboard feel better than pretty much anything else I've typed on. Still works like a champ (although I haven't been able to run it off the battery for many years now).

My 4-year-old Thinkpad X24 is my daily beater now days. I run it in my car to and from work (70 miles each way) and then run it all day long at work as my MP3 player. I've tried just using a simple dedicated MP3 player but nothing beats the control and visibility of a simple laptop screen. This little baby runs daily for more than 11 hours during the week. Never had a problem!

The brand-new Thinkpad X41 Tablet is my wife's and it is simply a marvel to behold. We use it while on the road with a Delorme GPS navigation program and even with my polarized sunglasses and lots of sun, the screen is crystal clear. Simply the best laptop I've ever owned.

Great lineup you have there! Fantastic X41. What are the specs on that model you have? I have been looking for a new tablet and am quite taken by some reviews I have read on the X41.

Well my specs are fairly "standard" other than the 1.5 GB or RAM we got. Mind you, it's by far the most expensive tablet PC around but I've been nothing but pleased with it.

Damn. That is one great collection of Thinkpads.

BTW what OS do you have on that 14 year old Laptop?

Danny Bui said:
Damn. That is one great collection of Thinkpads.

BTW what OS do you have on that 14 year old Laptop?

Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and Word 2.0!! Does all I need!

Back