Does Everquest 2 Support SLI?

NebulaD

Limp Gawd
My friend plays Everquest 2 a lot and he just built a new system. At the time he didn't enough money for 2 video cards, but now he does. His intentions were to set them both up in SLI so Everquest 2 would run great. A few people that play Everquest 2 said that EQ2 does not support SLI. Is this true? I didnt think it was... I thought the SLI was driver based through windows... It's not like their is an option in games to turn SLI on.

Please can someone clarify this.

SLI support is usually through a profile in the driver, though some newer games like FEAR and Oblivion have built in SLI optimizations as well. Nvidia's SLIZone site says that Everquest 2 is supported.

thank you the site was blocked here at work so I had no access to that information

You aren't going to see much of a perf increase in EQ2 with SLI. The game is very CPU limited as well as limited on your internet connection. It seems MMO's don't benefit much from multiple GPUs; WoW and EQ2 I've tested with not much perf increase, for whatever reason.

thats pretty lame

how the hell are you supposed to run the game on the higher quality settings then? my friend has a 3.0 intel dual core processor and a 7900 gt co and he cant run it smoothly on anything higher than balanced setting

NebulaD said:
thats pretty lame

how the hell are you supposed to run the game on the higher quality settings then? my friend has a 3.0 intel dual core processor and a 7900 gt co and he cant run it smoothly on anything higher than balanced setting

It's called lackluster coding...

Terra...

Back