The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion benchmark at bit-tech.com

They need to enable the multithread .ini fixes. That fx60 setup should 'not' be pulling less frames than my 4400x2 7900gtx. It's a rare gaming day now in oblivion where I ever see a frame rate drop as low as their minimums.

I have 1 7900 GTX. Now I am clocked at 700/1850 but I run everything maxed, 1600x1200 with HDR on. everything maxed. Max view distance and much much more. I never drop below 30 fps, so I dont see now any of these are running that game that low...

I wish these types of reviewers would put up how they got their #'s and if its likea path or something if they could upload it to us so we can try it ourselves.

This review is more the level my system seems to run well at.

Opt 165 at 2.7Ghz, 2GB Ram, BFG 7900GT OC runs at 1280x1024 with med settings, HDR. I keep reading some people who seem to be able to run at 1600x1200 with all high settings, and others like me are middle of the road.

Something has to be different between our systems, some slider isn't in the same spot, something.

HardOCP needs to do an in depth look at this game with various systems to clear these discrepancies up.

ryankenn said:
This review is more the level my system seems to run well at.

Opt 165 at 2.7Ghz, 2GB Ram, BFG 7900GT OC runs at 1280x1024 with med settings, HDR. I keep reading some people who seem to be able to run at 1600x1200 with all high settings, and others like me are middle of the road.

Something has to be different between our systems, some slider isn't in the same spot, something.

HardOCP needs to do an in depth look at this game with various systems to clear these discrepancies up.

Your system is very similar to mine. What do you score in 3Dmark 2006? and what are the clocks of your GT?

I thought it was dual core vs single core issue to be honest. I also thought having ddr 500 memory or a big FSB path helped as well. But you have ddr 500 and you have a higher FSB then me but get less performance. I dont know man. maybe I just got lucky with the hardware I got. Or maybe your right its a setting. the only thing I shut off though was self shadows, because they looked like crap. I did do INI fixes, and my load times increased but I made it so the game looks better and did many mods that make the water look better and increasted main texture size from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048. Still looks gorgeous and runs smooth as butter.

Xenozx said:
Your system is very similar to mine. What do you score in 3Dmark 2006? and what are the clocks of your GT?

I thought it was dual core vs single core issue to be honest. I also thought having ddr 500 memory or a big FSB path helped as well. But you have ddr 500 and you have a higher FSB then me but get less performance. I dont know man. maybe I just got lucky with the hardware I got. Or maybe your right its a setting. the only thing I shut off though was self shadows, because they looked like crap. I did do INI fixes, and my load times increased but I made it so the game looks better and did many mods that make the water look better and increasted main texture size from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048. Still looks gorgeous and runs smooth as butter.

I've got 4x512 OCZ EL Platinum at 225MHz. The stock clocks on the BFG are 475/680, but I bought a V1-Ultra and conductive pen, so that will be shooting upwards. I havn't done any ini mods, and like yourself, turned off self shadows as I didn't like the effect.

3D Mark 06 I get 4350 pts. I'm going to try some of the ini fixes to see if I can get a boost that way.

I C, well based on our 3dmark scores my PC seems to have a bit of an advantage. (6610)Maybe thats why I have that extra headroom. You could probably overclock the GT in stock form and get more from it. Ive heard they are usually good overclockers.

Back