Troll Alert: Starfox

Status
Not open for further replies.

???

Gawd
I have been forced to post this up so hopefully anyone who is currently dealing with him or is thinking about dealing with him will have some heads up.

Background:
Posted a for sale thread for an DFI Sli-DR Expert, Ipod 40GB Photo with all accessories and Opteron 170 processor retail box. Was contacted the day it was posted by Starfox and he wanted to buy both the Opteron 170 and Ipod 40GB. Confirmed address, email addresses and references, and since he had better references I was to ship first. The items were shipped out the next day (3/3/2006) via Fedex Ground.

Starfox and Fedex both confirmed shipment received on 3/8/2006. The next day was informed by Starfox that he totaled his car and said he was messing around with the Ipod when it happened. He said it might take a few extra days but don't worry he or his girlfriend would get the money order out to me in the next couple of days. After pm/emailing him a couple of times, I finally get one back stating that he has the money in his wallet and to reconfirm my address so he could go get the money order and have it shipped out to me on. This was on 3/14/2006.

After not hearing from him for a day, I pm/emailed him back and asked for tracking information. He finally replied back on 3/16/2006 saying he would email/pm tracking info to me later that night. Since then I have not heard back from him on numerous pms and emails. I have contacted Cold Dark Shadow and he even pmed him to try and get him to resolve the matter. I am getting tired of the dates being pushed back and every thing he says not coming to see the light of day. Originally, he told me he would send out payment the day or day after he received the goods. Then I gave him some time after the car was totaled and said to get it out when you could. I checked back with him and said he would get the money order out that day since he had the money with him to do so (3/14/2006). Then he implied he had already sent it since he was going to email/pm tracking information (3/16/2006).

I have not heard anything about my money order and now to top it all off the Ipod screen is scratched from the wreck he had. So if I get the Ipod back, I cannot sell it for what I did and will be out money since it is damaged. I am hoping he will see this and realize he needs to pay me the full amount ($475) and complete the transaction. I have told him that if I don't hear from him in a couple of days I will be persuing other ways to complete the transaction. Hopefully it won't come to that.

If anyone is having problems on a deal with Starfox, feel free to pm/email me for any information I have on him. If we need to go further, we can work as a team to get something taken care of. Hopefully it is just a big misunderstanding but I know he has received my pms and emails.

???

Yeah, he's avoiding me also over a transaction. I sent you a PM. Let me know if you find out anything.

And on a side note... heatware obviously isn't foolproof.

Well, I just did a deal with StarFox and everything went perfectly. I don't mean for this to sound like a heat eval, but he kept in good communication with me, shipped everything right when he said he would. And I was dealing with a pretty expensive laptop which I payed for first and he shipped promptly after he recieved payment (with tracking and confirmation).

Anyways, I hope all this gets resolved, just thought I would put up my experience with StarFox. Sounds like you did a deal with him right after I did. I think if he we're trying to troll he would've gotten me for $1300 instead of now deciding to do it for less then half of that.

Just an FYI.

Bonksnp said:
Well, I just did a deal with StarFox and everything went perfectly. I don't mean for this to sound like a heat eval, but he kept in good communication with me, shipped everything right when he said he would. And I was dealing with a pretty expensive laptop which I payed for first and he shipped promptly after he recieved payment (with tracking and confirmation).

Anyways, I hope all this gets resolved, just thought I would put up my experience with StarFox. Sounds like you did a deal with him right after I did. I think if he we're trying to troll he would've gotten me for $1300 instead of now deciding to do it for less then half of that.

Just an FYI.

That is just it. He didn't troll you and he did troll me and someone else. He trolled someone over $3 so his behavior is far from rational. Judging by his heatware references, he has not trolled a lot of people. Why he choose to troll me, I don't know. I am in the process of posting negative feedback and if I don't hear from him soon I will be contacting the Nashville Police Deparment (Hermitage Precinct) and filling a report. If I cannot get anything solved that way I will go as far as I need to to make sure he realizes that trolling people for their money or goods is not going to work.

The only thing I can say is be glad you got the laptop cause he could have just as easily taken your money and ran just like me did my goods. He started with reasons to delay payment the day after he received the goods and now he is not responding to anyone. That is fine with me cause when the police or court summons shows up he will be forced to answer then.

???

Well, I still hope you get what's owed to you. I know he has at least $1300 cause I sent it to him. Unless he's already spent it on whatever else, he should have no problem refunding you money.

And Starfox, if your reading this and theres some sort of problem its usually understandable (to a certain degree). But when you cut off communication to everyone, especially a mod, you start looking suspicious. Just contact someone.

And ???, sorry your having to go through this. If you need anything from me, or if theres anything I can do to help, let me know.

Bonksnp said:
Well, I still hope you get what's owed to you. I know he has at least $1300 cause I sent it to him. Unless he's already spent it on whatever else, he should have no problem refunding you money.

And Starfox, if your reading this and theres some sort of problem its usually understandable (to a certain degree). But when you cut off communication to everyone, especially a mod, you start looking suspicious. Just contact someone.

And ???, sorry your having to go through this. If you need anything from me, or if theres anything I can do to help, let me know.

Thanks man and hopefully he will realize it will cost him more in the long run than if he just ponies up and pays me what he owes me. Otherwise I am prepared to see this out through to the fullest extent. I don't hope it comes to that and I didn't expect it to come to it either. I have saved all pms and emails he has sent me and I have sent him so I have all the evidence I need so far. I think it shows his true self by ripping someone off for $3. What is $3 when you paid him $1300?

I will update this thread as I progress through the process of trying to collect my money. Thanks again for hoping the best thing comes about. It will all depend on Starfox now.

???

Update:

The Nashville police department was very helpful and said I had many different ways to proceed. They said I could:

1. File a civil lawsuit since he breached a contract between the two of us and I could get an attorney and sue him
2. He is breaking a state law since he is in possession of stolen goods and he could face charges there.
3. Contact the FBI since he violated federal laws since the package crossed state lines and he can/will face federal charges.

So I contacted the FBI and filled a claim with the for internet fraud. Hopefully this will get his attention and get this resolved. If not I still have two other options and depending on what the FBI says I will take the other two options as well. Like I said I am in this until it is completed. I am not going to let him get away with it.

johnj189 - if you want the information I can pm/email you the case number if you want to file a complaint yourself. If so let me know so you can reference my case so it bring it to their attention more.

???

I was recently involved in a car accident where I was ran off the road and into a telephone pole that I snapped in half. The car was totaled and I suffered injuries to my right ribcage. I thought it was just bruising at the time as I couldn’t really feel much pain as adrenaline was in full affect. The next couple days were spent in agony even though I returned to work and had to get rides. I went back to the hospital as I was recommended to get X-rays. It turns out that I have 2 fractured ribs.

I have been really out of it the last week or so. I just finally got a new car which is a
’91 camry. I am starting to feel better except for the fact of being doped up for the last few days. I am just trying to get back on my feet as I have to cover what my insurance wouldn’t on the car loan, I have to pay for my medicine as I have no insurance, and I don’t even want to think about the hospital/ambulance/public utlity(telephone poll) bills.

I never had ANY intention of ripping ANYONE off, and I never have.

Here are some pictures to show yall that I am not bullshitting or what not.

Here is what my car used to look like.

scionGuy.JPG

Here it is after the wreck at the wrecker location. The pictures were from my camera phone so please excuse the quality.

car1.JPG

car2.JPG

Here is my new car, the ’91 Camry. This is right before I left for the bank and post office.

camry1.JPG

camry2.JPG

As you can see, I had quite a few packages to get out. I went to the bank and had Jared’s money order made.

jared1.JPG

And I packed it in the car up as I had already printed the shipping label with a signature confirmation. I always use a highlighter to mark around the delivery confirmation as the postman sometimes misses the scan.

jared2.JPG

The other member here, johnj189, bought a grab bag of DVD-r’s, SATA cables, zip ties, and a fan grill for $3.00 shipped. I sent back the $3.00 and shipped it priority which ended up netting me -$8.20 in the end. No big deal, sorry for the delay John. Here are some pics to show you I am not trying to rip anyone off or troll anyone.

Here is what he bought for $3.00
package%20deal.JPG

john1.JPG

john2.JPG

Tracking Number for John's Grab Bag:

Tracking Number for Jared's Money Order:

These packages were shipped via USPS priority and should arrive within 2-3 days.

This would have been better if you had sent out some information. I have corresponded several times with you before you just dropped off the face of the forums. You even replied back several times that you were going to send out the money order and then once you said you would send out tracking information. I have since sent you several pms and emails asking for an update and have never received any response from you despite showing you were online and able to get your pms.

I gave you plenty of chances to respond and never got anything back from you. All you had to do was send a pm or email with that picture on it and it would have gotten you some more time. However I have not heard anything from you since 3/16/2006. I can post pms if need be. Hopefully you will get that out as quick as possible and I will have the case dropped.

???

I had no intention of ever trolling anyone. I just have had some very bad luck these last couple of weeks and am just trying to get my feet back on the ground. I am sorry for the delays and hope that no [H]ard feelings come of this.

I will be sure to keep in touch and make sure that everything goes smooth from here on out.

-Guy Brawner AKA Starfox

I will have my heatware evaluation changed when I get my money order to represent the true facts so it doesn't show you never paid. I understand you had a car crash and I was cool with you taking some time for that. What wasn't cool was when you said you would ship out the money order and didn't. Then you said you would send tracking information and didn't. That is where I was getting tired of the situation. Then you just stopped responding to me completely when I could see you where online or accessed the forums.

Hopefully this will all clear up and things will get solved.

???

Starfox said:
I had no intention of ever trolling anyone. I just have had some very bad luck these last couple of weeks and am just trying to get my feet back on the ground. I am sorry for the delays and hope that no [H]ard feelings come of this.

I will be sure to keep in touch and make sure that everything goes smooth from here on out.

-Guy Brawner AKA Starfox

Hey man, I'm really sorry to hear about your car accident -- I mean that. Our deal was for a few bucks so it was not a huge deal to me, but ??? was in it for quite a bit and I can understand where he's comin from. I think part of the problem was that you were logging on to [H] but not replying to anybody.... that never really looks too good when you have transactions pending.

If you had sent out some PM's explaining what happened, I'm sure most people would agree they would be understanding and not get so upset. I can only speak for myself, but if you let me know what was goin on I wouldn't have sent multiple PM's asking for my stuff or anything like that. It's when people are left to their own imagination they have no idea what to think so they assume the worst (it is, after all, the internet we're doing business on ;) ).

In any event, thanks for straightening this out, and I hope your recovery is quick.

John

Wow starfox, really bad turn of events for you. My condolencenses. Hope things look up from there. I have to admit you came through. I have to admit though, in this situation, one can not fault him, especially looking at the pictures :eek:
Thanks for putting things in perspective..That is why I normally wait at least 1 week without hearing from the seller or buyer before starting to freak out.

thats sucks Starfox, glad you came out of it ok for the most part :)

he has posted and seems to be on the right track so for now ill lock this up, if anyhting changes PM me and ill open her back up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back