EVGA SLi Mobo users what RAM are you using?

qbert3

[H]ard|Gawd
Im a gamer and im looking to buy some new RAM. my rig is listed in my sig. I want to go 2x1gb dual channel. my limit is $200.

ive been looking at some of these but just dont really know what to get.

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Platinum System Memory - Retail

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory - Retail

I want my system to last a while (probably will upgrade video card in the future but thats it).

I looked at eclipses RAM page but its not really helping me decide. I saw him list the "G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory " as his personal favorite but would these be good enough for f.e.a.r, battlefield 2, and future games? I want something I wont regret buying.

I'm using GeIL PC3200 Ultra. Rated at CL2 6-3-3 1T @ 200MHz and it runs at that though some of the sticks have problems with 1T in the board (I'm using 1x512 + 2x256 - ran in dual channel that way on my nForce2 but won't on the EVGA). Not sure you can even buy this RAM anymore, but it's what I'm using!

I couldnt run 1t at all only 2t.

edit this is taking too long im just going with the OCZ

I'm using some Corsair value ram, it works fine, but then again I'm not oc'ing.

Ballistix 2x512mb @ 230MHz 2.5-3-2-7 2.7v aircooled 1t

I am running 2x1 Corsair TwinX 3200 at 2-3-3-6 on 2.6 V @ stock speed. I am thinking about throwing another pair in for 4 Gigs total.

Im using 1GB OCZ Plat Rev.2 @ 2-2-2-5 2T 2.75v cuse unfortunetly 1T doesnt work good. I do run it at 1T for 2 weeks now and played Planetside and COD2 and never had a problem but it fails at Memtest.

Ive run this memory at 250mhz @ 3-4-3-7 default voltage 2.75v. Maybe when the new BIOS comes out I will be able to run this memory tighter then losen like it is now.

I have run 2x Corsair 440025 TCCD's at 1T, 4x same RAM at 2T (couldn't get 1T to go), and I currently run some PQI value stuff 2x1GB at 1T

Currently running 2 X 512mb sticks of OCZ value VX ram @ 2-2-2-6-2t @ 220mhz using 3.0v.
I want to change to 2 X 1gb sticks but need them to run @220mhz also to keep my cpu speed of 2.65ghz. She is very stable right now so I am worried about screwing around. Maybe I should just add 2 more 512 sticks that I know will run at this speed. I know I would not get 2t but I don't get it now so whatever.

briman1001 said:
Currently running 2 X 512mb sticks of OCZ value VX ram @ 2-2-2-6-2t @ 220mhz using 3.0v.
I want to change to 2 X 1gb sticks but need them to run @220mhz also to keep my cpu speed of 2.65ghz. She is very stable right now so I am worried about screwing around. Maybe I should just add 2 more 512 sticks that I know will run at this speed. I know I would not get 2t but I don't get it now so whatever.

Im pretty sure you mention 1T but not 2T

No for some reason the ram I have will not run at 1T. I think it is the mobo though. This thing is notorious for sucking with random ram. I want to upgrade to some 1 gig sticks for that reason and the extra ram of course.
Runs great at the posted speed though. I cannot try higher because of my CPU is at its max. I just need to know what ram will do 265 fsb at 1T in this board. Or I can settle for using the divider at 220mhz with tighter timings. What to buy.

SOOOOO... I just got in my

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Platinum System Memory - Retail

And well, I dont think the evga board accepts it as dual channel RAM. The first time I put the RAM in during post the RAM read as 2T single channel.. So that meant I had the wrong slots but according the the manual I was right.

so anyways there are four slots.. I tried using 1/3 & 2/4 for dual channel. at first 2/4 wouldnt even boot so I tried 1/3 slots. at the post screen I saw 2T dual channel so i was like sweet! but right after that a message said such and such file was missing and windows could not load.... ???? had some strange name like nfk432 or something weird.

After that message, I restarted my comp.. no video signal to the monitor....?? restarted again.. nothing.. took the RAM out and put the old RAM back in everything works fine. blah.

I know its a free motherboard and all but this thing is worse then any girlfriend ive ever had in my life.

Thats strange because someone in the evga forum recommeded this exact ram as ram that works well and at 1T. Maybe try 1 stick at a time. Dude said he was using them 2-3-2-5-1T.

ill try a few things when i get home. hopefully I can get them to dual channel. I looked on the OCZ website and they didnt even have evga in their list for supported motherboards.

but if they work.. :)

I cant get them to run in dual channel. I got them to run in single channel but when I put them into the slots for dual channel and turn my pc on nothing shows up on the monitor. just a blank screen but i can hear the pc boot up.

I dont overclock anything. the RAM settings in the bios look like this:

AUTO CONFIGURATION--------AUTO
DRAM CAS LATENCY--------CL=2.5
RAS ACTIVE TIME--------AUTO
RAS PRECHARGE TIME--------AUTO
RAS TO CAS DELAY--------AUTO
DRAM BANK INTERLEAVING--------ENABALED
DRAM COMMAND RATE--------2T
MTRR MAPPING MODE--------CONTINUOUS

I tried using 1T but it didnt seem to change anything.

ok with the info posted above.. how could i manually set 2-3-2-5 into those settings? 1T and 2T is obvious but the others im not so sure..

did you try the other two slots?

also, to set 2-3-2-5... remember that it's cas - trcd - trp - tras, so...

AUTO CONFIGURATION--------AUTO
DRAM CAS LATENCY--------CL=2.0
RAS ACTIVE TIME-------- 5
RAS PRECHARGE TIME--------3
RAS TO CAS DELAY--------2
DRAM BANK INTERLEAVING--------ENABALED
DRAM COMMAND RATE--------2T
MTRR MAPPING MODE--------CONTINUOUS

sweet i changed the DRAM CAS LATENCY--------CL=2.0

that was it.. everything else the way it is and it worked.. running cs:s right now very smooth.. the first time i loaded up windows with it.. i got to the desktop and it restarted on its own. but this time it seems to be stable.. cpu-z is reading

DRAM CAS LATENCY--------CL=2.5

dont really know why... since i changed it.

So you went from 2.5cas to 2 cas and now it works. Should be the other way around man. If not that is weird.

Well I waited for sunday night for the NEW BIOS to come out like everyone said so I could decide what ram to buy and of course nothing was released. I guess I am going to just buy this and run with a divider. It looks like the chances of them releasing a bios that actually works with UCCC ram, above 240htt, and still keeping1T is between slim and none. No surprise really.

Back