Logging on with firefox - "remember me" doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lurker

Fully [H]
I recently switched to firefox on all my machines and for some reason none of them remember that I checked "remember me" before logging on. The login and password is remembered by auto complete but I need to log in manually each time. The page never opens with me logged on automatically.

I found a few answers on google but all of them relate to auto complete, cookies or tracking being disabled. I have all that stuff on by default after install and it still refuses to work. But it works perfectly fine on Chrome.

I am out of options.

Could it be the forum?

Strange, I've been using Firefox for years and this is the best forum for retaining my login info, always works.

Are you running Firefox in vanilla form or using add-ons? As it might be a add-on causing the issue. If you do have a good many add-ons, try disabling them all and logging in and then keep doing so and see if one of them is causing a problem.

Did you check the remember me button on our site at login?

No addons running its a completely clean install. Cookies are not clearing because after starting firefox I can explore them and Hardforum is present. The remember me button is checked upon logon.

If I open new instances of firefox with one instance already logged on the new instance remembers that I was logged in.

Firefox keeps me logged on to facebook and miataturbo.net between restarts of the application.

Last edited:
Dunno what to tell you. We have changed nothing on our end.

Couple things to try.

Firefox Safe Mode:
How to start Firefox in Safe Mode

Click the menu button , click help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.... Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox.

You can always try uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling it. Good Luck.

I have this issue on Chrome whenever I update my iPhone... because I sync my phones Chrome with my main system. I'm not sure how I even fix it. Something like just restart the phone. It's probably not a helpful tip but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back