DA:I Crossfire preformance - Substandard

Reidlos65

n00b
Is anyone else having issues with crossfire with this game?

I am using crossfire 7970 ghz and the latest beta driver

I am constantly getting higher FPS with 1 card (second disabled)

With Directx11, my 2 cards are only avg a gpu load (utilization) of 40-50% and its jumping around 40 to 72 (with dips to 14 )

With Mantle, I am getting 70 % for both, but currently mantle is causing long loadtimes and other issues, and even with them running simular FPS.

Im running about high (with Post processing and HBAO off/low) no MSAA at 2560 x 1440

I tried with VSync off and on, full screen vs windowed. Tearing is too bad with Vsync off in either mode

This has happened alot recently, Shadow of Mordor (to my knowledge) hasnt even gotten any official crossfire support yet and BF4 has a memory leak with crossfire. When I get my next upgrade im prolly going to skip crossfire in the future lol

as far i know that game its running Xfire pretty good... so its a weird issue.. what processor and motherboard are you using?.. that kind of limited utilization point me to think in a CPU bottleneck..

as far i know that game its running Xfire pretty good... so its a weird issue.. what processor and motherboard are you using?.. that kind of limited utilization point me to think in a CPU bottleneck..

4770K and a P8Z77-V PRO

running that game at 1440p with everything on maximum settings, no aa and constant 60fps, just some texture flicker but it's rare, both gpus are in sync..

and yeah, dx11 since mantle never seems to work

I have mixed feelings regarding my crossfire performance on my 7990 as the game runs 'ok' not great however.

Running the in game bench I'm getting less than 20 fps which feels wrong because the game doesnt seem to run that poorly and I can't get mantle enabled, its defaulting to dx 11 which is greyed out.

I tried a clean driver delete/reinstall with catalyst 14.11.2 betas.

running that game at 1440p with everything on maximum settings, no aa and constant 60fps, just some texture flicker but it's rare, both gpus are in sync..

and yeah, dx11 since mantle never seems to work

and this is where the wtf happens, so I have better HW but high direct x11 crossfire is like 30 fps on opening part of the game

because ALL cut scenes are locked to 30fps.

doesnt matter what your hardware is.

Bioware said they did that because they were having issues syncing voice.

They are working to fix it with a patch.

that fix causes all kinds of problems, like dropping into an empty level after character creation.

because ALL cut scenes are locked to 30fps.

doesnt matter what your hardware is.

Bioware said they did that because they were having issues syncing voice.

They are working to fix it with a patch.

To Clarify, I dont mean cutscenes, I mean everything else is dropping to 30-45 fps with 2 7970s which is ridiculous for high with medium settings when people are claiming ultra with lesser hardware

single 290 pro @ 1030, all ultra 2xAA i get 40ish (Mantle)

Its prety smooth at that level, so im happy.

Ya i did more testing, im getting half the frame rate with crossfire on, the GPU load on 1 is 70 ish and the other is going from 0 to 20%

I can't enable mantle for the game. In the options menu it just has dx11 greyed out, also it says it's the only api my system supports. Specs are below. Any suggestions?

Stay [H]

I'm getting excellent scaling with Mantle using a pair of R9 290s. I'm running with VSync on all settings maxed with the exception of MSAA (set to off). The only time the framerate drops below 60 is when the engine looks as if its rebuilding the MantlePipelineCache files in Users/Documents/BioWare/Dragon Age Inquisition/cache. If I let the machine sit for a few seconds, it completes and the framerate goes back to 60.

Back