Best Solution for Improving Wi-Fi Signal Strength Inside Hotel Room?

tmc1284

n00b
What is the best solution for improving my wi-fi signal on my laptop in a hotel room? I own an internet business and will be travelling a lot. The wi-fi networks will only require a password to connect to the router. The size and cost of the device are not an issue. It just needs to remain inside of my room.

Wifi repeater..

Plug it into hardwire line and it puts out your wifi.. I think Dlink makes one.. got one at Costco year or so ago works good.. cost was cheap maybe 30 bucks or something...

small as well

I'm not grasping the situation; do you want to generate a WiFi hotspot in your room, and be able to access it from outside your room?

Why not just use a hotspot from your cell provider? It would be a lot faster than any hotel wireless. Other wise if you want to use the hotel internet the best way is to make sure the hotel room has an Ethernet jack and then connect your own access point to it.

I do not want to use a repeater because I have heard that although they increase the signal strength that the mbps downstream is divided in half.

I am travelling internationally and cannot use a lot of data from my cell phone connection.

I am currently staying in a hostel in which there is a strong signal strength in the communal room about 15 meters from my room, but inside my room there is a weak connection. I am looking for an antenna or strong wireless usb adapter that will improve my signal strength in my room.

Back