Acer B326HK - 4k 32" monitor sub 1k euro

It's been available in Finland for a while now for 999€. Someone did get it and confirmed it was 60Hz 4K IPS panel. Other than that, there's not a lot of info available or any proper reviews.

I have a feeling it's similar or exactly the same as the BENQ BL3201 thats about to come out soon. I know Samsung is the major OEM for all the 28 inch 4k TN panels from various manufactures. I wonder who the OEM for this one is?

I seriously can't wait for a true 4k experience. The IGZO panels from last year were junk IMO. MST, way overpriced, etc etc. They got the size right though. 32 inch and 4k is a sweet spot. 28 inch and 4k is just way too small IMO.

Yes I guess its the same panel. I just wonder why nobody has a preview/review/pictures/anything up yet because according to some retailers it's available for next day delivery already for some days now. So wonder why nobody got it and no magazine/review website...

Yes I guess its the same panel. I just wonder why nobody has a preview/review/pictures/anything up yet because according to some retailers it's available for next day delivery already for some days now. So wonder why nobody got it and no magazine/review website...

Yup, for sure. IMO this is the next big leap in 4k monitors. First was the budget 28 inch TN 4k monitors. I was close to pulling the trigger on one. But after looking at it in person, it's way too small for day to day use. The TN panel personally didn't bother me, because it was priced accordingly (around $600). MAYBE if it was 30 inch, it would have worked. I would say 32 inch or higher would easily work for the average Joe in day to day activities.

Didn't Eizo announce two 4k Monitors with 32" too? I thought they use that 31.5" panel but maybe they use this one instead...

ahmpf.. it was just one in two colors and yes I guess they use the 31.5 panel...

Last edited:
I gues it is the same as the BenQ. BenQ doesnt seem to be available yet but they have much more information on their webpage...

Dust has to settle on the issue if these ultracheap 4K monitors are cutting corners on the input lag. They may be then breathtaking for huge spreadsheets and office work but not for time critical things.

Im very close to pull the trigger.
The thing is that is available in Amazon Marketplace, and I dont know if I will have the same guarantee as buying from Amazon directly (excellent returns policy if I find any problem or if im simply not fully satisfied).

What do you know about that?

Do it for the community :) We'd all like to hear how it is ;)

And I guess it depends on the seller

I will do it.
And its kind of a suicide knowing almost nothing...

I would like to know before harakiri if the monitor has pivot function. And make sure its a IPS panel. I hate the VA banding.

Hows the QC of Acer compared to Benq?

Looks like it's official now. Googling it I can find several news-sites with a press release...

What country is that website :) ?

Its available NOW in germany:

http://www.hartware.de/press_17198.html

"Der neue Monitor ist ab sofort zu einem unverbindlich empfohlenen Endkundenpreis (inkl. MwSt.) von 1.199,90 Euro im Handel erhältlich. "

I'm guessing USA. Since it has a dot com at the end

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the next wave of 4k monitors. First it was the IGZOs that came out with an atrocious $3500 price tag and multi stream transport. Then came the budget orientated 28 inch 4k TN panels for around $600-$650. Now we just need IPS/PLS 32 inch single stream transport monitors for around $1000-$1200. Imagine gaming on an IPS 4k :D

Funny thing is, it almost seems like yesterday the Dell 2560x1600 just came out and blew away gamers and enthusiast. It was about 9 years ago :D

Maybe this one goes to europe first and benq to usa first?
Anyway if you look at the table at the end you'll see they have a 27" ips coming too:

tab.png

I have this monitor now for several days in the house and it's a beast to work with.:D

The specifications:

manufacturer Code: UM.JB6EE.005
Item Number: 511 427
brand: Acer
warranty: 3 years
warranty Type: Pick-up-and-return warranty
screen Diagonal screen size: 32 inch
Image Quality: UHD (4K)Acer B326HK
contrast: 100,000,000: 1
response: 6 ms
brightness: 350 cd / m²
pixel Size: 0.19 mm
picture refreshment: 60 Hz
Viewing Angle: 178 degrees
Viewing angle (vertical): 178 degrees
resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels
Aspect Ratio: 16: 9
Connections: DVI – HDMI – display Port – WiDi
USB ports Number: 4
USB version: USB 3.0
memory Card Reader: MHL
adjustability: rotatableAcer 4K
Height: adjustable
Tilting screen

power consumption standby: 0.39 watts
physical Properties
Suitable for bracket: VESA standard 100 mm x 100 mm
weight: 12 kg
color: Silver, Black
width: 83.5 cm
depth: 22.5 cm
height: 71 cm

Well, I have it already. It arrived this morning.
What can I say.
ITS IMPRESSIVE.

I had previously the Benq 32" 1440p.
And this is night and day regarding to image quality.
When first plugged it, I went to youtube and watched UHD vids and my mouth is still opened...

Impressive colors out of the box (to my taste) proper scaling with windows 8.1

Screen uniformity great too (how nasty was that VA banding). No dead or stuck pixels.

Gaming at UHD (4k) its very good. No visible ghosting.
Pixel density is very high, so no need to use Antialias at all.
Typical IPS glow (but less than on the Dell U3014) no overdrive...

Its really an excellent monitor.
PIP options.

I currently have 2 780's oced to 1250 MHz 6GB each and can play no problem.

No pivot option.

Overall a hughely impressive display.
You can sit really close to the screen and its like going to cinema.

I had time to play NFS MW 2012, and Project Cars.
Later I will try Fifa 15 and the last call of duty.

Are you using it with scaling? 125-150% ?
May I ask if you could try it at 100%. Is it too small to use, even say if you sit just 50-55cm away from it?

Well, I have it already. It arrived this morning.
What can I say.
ITS IMPRESSIVE.

I had previously the Benq 32" 1440p.
And this is night and day regarding to image quality.
When first plugged it, I went to youtube and watched UHD vids and my mouth is still opened...

Impressive colors out of the box (to my taste) proper scaling with windows 8.1

Screen uniformity great too (how nasty was that VA banding). No dead or stuck pixels.

Gaming at UHD (4k) its very good. No visible ghosting.
Pixel density is very high, so no need to use Antialias at all.
Typical IPS glow (but less than on the Dell U3014) no overdrive...

Its really an excellent monitor.
PIP options.

I currently have 2 780's oced to 1250 MHz 6GB each and can play no problem.

No pivot option.

Overall a hughely impressive display.
You can sit really close to the screen and its like going to cinema.

How strong would you say the AG coating is? Do you see sparkles on white background while reading text?

I suspect all of these 31.5" monitors are just using the Samsung PLS 4K panel. In that case isn't not surprising the Samsung UD970 and Eizo EV3237 are available first, for $2000.00. My experience with the Samsung was out of four panels I picked up 3 had more than 4 dead pixels. So if their A+ panels have so many defects, it must take a long time for the lower end like Benq BL3201PH and Acer B326HK to build up inventory of acceptable panels for the lower end $999 price range.

I don't think so. Samsung clearly defines it at 31.5" like the ones from last year and claims to have almost 100% AdobeRGB coverage, whereas the Acer is defined as 32". Also Acer says its 138 ppi, thats what you get when you calculate 32". With 31.5" it's 140ppi. And Acer is not talking about AdobeRGB but only sRGB coverage so I suspect it's not the same panel

Are you using it with scaling? 125-150% ?
May I ask if you could try it at 100%. Is it too small to use, even say if you sit just 50-55cm away from it?

Im using 125%, less than that is too tiny to me.

I dont know if this panel is from Samsung, but I have zero dead/stuck pixels.

AG coating is very soft. Cant see any grainy effect.

I'm still running win7 and I dont want to run my 2 other monitors @125% thats a bummer. You say it's "impossible" at 100%? If I'm correct the ppi should be similar to my 15.4" notebook @ 1080p. And that is fine with me, of course you gotta have a distance of 50-60cm max imho

I don't think so. Samsung clearly defines it at 31.5" like the ones from last year and claims to have almost 100% AdobeRGB coverage, whereas the Acer is defined as 32". Also Acer says its 138 ppi, thats what you get when you calculate 32". With 31.5" it's 140ppi. And Acer is not talking about AdobeRGB but only sRGB coverage so I suspect it's not the same panel

Although if you look at the back side of the Acer it looks almost like a clone of the UD970...not sure what to think.

Back