New Custom Desktop Speaker Stands

Benihana

Limp Gawd
Hey Guys, I just built these out of dual layered 6x9" clipboards and 6" and 4" cabinet door handles and rubber feet. Total cost was around ~$15. I think it came out good and they sit SOLID.

2x Clipboards (Dual Layered) ~$6.50 Shipped to Store

2x 6" and 2x 4" Stainless Cupboard Handles ~$5.50 Shipped

1x Adhesive Rubber Feet $3 Shipped

CAM00038.jpg

CAM00034.jpg

CAM00031-1.jpg

CAM00036.jpg

CAM00037.jpg

CAM00032-1.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice! Thanks for posting your source material links - I've been meaning to angle my speakers with a pair of stands as well... Was going to try and concoct a stand out of a pair of foam wedges, but I like your solution a lot better!

Inexpensive, easy, and looks decent. I like it.

Side question, how are you liking the Alesis M1s?

Inexpensive, easy, and looks decent. I like it.

Side question, how are you liking the Alesis M1s?

I love them. I got them when they were $170 shipped from Amazon. I can't imagine getting anything else.

Or, you could have bought real monitor pads for $5 more - the ones that actually absorb vibrations and improve the sound a bit. For example:
http://www.equatoraudio.com/Vibration-Resistant-Pads-Pr-for-the-D5-Monitors-p/dpd.htm

DIY is great, and there is nothing wrong with just enjoying it for its own sake -- but it is not always the best way to go for the intended functionality.

At first they did transfer their vibrations to the stands, but I put rubber feet anywhere I could and those vibrations stopped.

Back