z77 NDA lifted!

Interesting to see that some support DDR3 2800 RAM, now Newegg just needs to start selling it highest I see is DDR3 2600

Interesting to see that some support DDR3 2800 RAM, now Newegg just needs to start selling it highest I see is DDR3 2600

I have seen the "older" DDR3 do fine with the new chipset and IB cpu, There are many benchmarks online if you search for them.

IB is the power behind the high speed DDR3.

Ill wait for EVGA's board...don't really like the look of any of those.

So its nothing major, but what I like is that all the lower end boards have a front panel USB 3.0 header. This is not the case with z68 boards.

I for myself just cannot find any good reason to switch from my current asrock extreme3 gen3 board to go to the new Z77. I guess I am saving my money

Evga here http://www.evga.com/articles/00677/ ...too much $$$ for me, I hope they have a cheaper SLi board like they did with P67 and Z68, I really want the first two PCI-E slot to 3.0 though.

The ASRock Z77 Professional is looking pretty good too me right now.

On the lookout for a Maximus V Gene. I'm going mATX this time around, and I need a good Wifi option, so the mPCI-e slot sealed the deal.

I see a few from stores that I've never heard of, but they have yet to show up from "the usual suspects", and I suspect that they'll be cheaper once they show up there.

So its nothing major, but what I like is that all the lower end boards have a front panel USB 3.0 header. This is not the case with z68 boards.
+1 The ripoff factor on the aftermarket USB 3.0 front plate headers is pretty high right now, so, even though I don't need it yet, that front 3.0 header plate will be great as my case didnt come with one.

I set myself a budget of $350 for the motherboard, and I really like the features on the evga, so evga it is this time around I believe

I may give EVGA another shot and check out the Z77 FTW if ASUS doesn't come out with a Maximus V Extreme pretty soon. I'm kind of put off by their Formula board this time and that stupid waterblock they thought it needed. Although I'm also not liking the fact that EVGA decided not to include at least a DisplayPort out on their board when one of the biggest improvements of Ivy Bridge is the iGPU performance. Just because most high-end board users have a dedicated graphics card doesn't mean they wouldn't use the option of the iGPU as a backup for those times when you need to RMA or if you want to sell your video card in anticipation of the soon to be released next gen from nVida and AMD.

Last edited:
$240 for sabertooth not bad, I make it a habit of not spending more than $200 on a mobo usually.

I'd like to see boards with 5 4-pin fan pwm fan headers for under $200, such as the EVGA Z68 SLI, till then all the boards on here are junk to me.

I may give EVGA another shot and check out the Z77 FTW if ASUS doesn't come out with a Maximus V Extreme pretty soon. I'm kind of put off by their Formula board this time and that stupid waterblock they thought it needed. Although I'm also not liking the fact that EVGA decided not to include at least a DisplayPort out on their board when one of the biggest improvements of Ivy Bridge is the iGPU performance. Just because most high-end board users have a dedicated graphics card doesn't mean they wouldn't use the option of the iGPU as a backup for those times when you need to RMA or if you want to sell your video card in anticipation of the soon to be released next gen from nVida and AMD.

EVGA z77 FTW board has a mini display port. It's on the spec sheet

EVGA z77 FTW board has a mini display port. It's on the spec sheet

Oh does it? I didn't see video out mentioned on the product order page and when I glanced at the boards photos thought that small port was just for something else. The EVGA z77 FTW is sounding better already :).

Am I missing something or do all those listed boards not have true 2 x PCI 16 configs? I see 16x, 4x or one board that is 8x, 4x.

Am I missing something or do all those listed boards not have true 2 x PCI 16 configs? I see 16x, 4x or one board that is 8x, 4x.

Same deal as SB LGA1155. You'll need to move up to LGA2011 if you want more native PCIe lanes or Quad Channel Memory.

The ASRock Z77 Professional is looking pretty good too me right now.

That's the one I'm looking at out if Neweggs current offerings. I want the Asus P8Z77-V Pro but newegg doesn't have that yet. I'll be checking Frys after work tomorrow.

Wait, there was a NDA? I've been seeing Z77 boards at my local Fry's for the past two weeks...

I for myself just cannot find any good reason to switch from my current asrock extreme3 gen3 board to go to the new Z77. I guess I am saving my money

I will wait for reviews but Kyle has mentioned in a z77 preview that there will be little reason to switch from z68 to z77

Back