[Warm?] eBay - YAMAKASI 301 SPARTA 30" S-IPS 2560x1600 DVI-D Slim PC Monitor - $399US

octoberasian

2[H]4U
From eBay:
YAMAKASI 301 SPARTA 30" S-IPS 2560x1600 DVI-D Slim PC Monitor

$399 for Buy It Now. Free expedited shipping.
Seller - green-sum

2560x1600 resolution, only dual-link DVI connection, 22mm thick slim monitor, LG S-IPS LCD.

2014-01-16_06-04-15.png

Comparatively, monitors of this resolution start at $600 on Newegg, so this is a pretty damn good deal for a 16:10 monitor. Newegg offers this same monitor for $549.99 by the way.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
FYI i bought my qnix from Green-sum and everything went perfectly, mine has a single dead pixel in bottom right that's not visible in 99% of cases and minimum BLB.

I'd love to jump up to one of these, but I'm good with my qnix @ 96hz

Wish I could justify this purchase...and I probably could if I was back in the States. :D

My 27" is from the same maker, although I bought it from dream seller on ebay... this is a good deal. I really want one.

Anyone think ghosting will be an issue with a 6ms response time in games like BF4?

There are very few reviews on this. No "professional" ones that I've seen so far. The CCFL part means it'll use a hog quite a bit of power vs. the modern LED. That said, a 30" new monitor for $400 is pretty damn sweet. Hmm.

Anyone think ghosting will be an issue with a 6ms response time in games like BF4?

A 30" monitor might be too big for FPS games, you'll have to move your head back and forth too much, although it would depend on how far you are sitting from it.

Well, that looks really interesting... maybe the stand isn't a piece of total and complete junk?

Oh.. and matte only I'm guessing /sigh

When did Green-Sum buyout DHL LOL? And when did they start selling 0 dead pixel policy Catleap 2B Extreme OC 27" WHQDs?

FYI the power supply on my 27" Catleap died about a year in. Simply purchased another off amazon for about 30 bucks and no issues since, but a factor to consider for long term cost of ownership.

BB

Well, that looks really interesting... maybe the stand isn't a piece of total and complete junk?

Oh.. and matte only I'm guessing /sigh

When did Green-Sum buyout DHL LOL? And when did they start selling 0 dead pixel policy Catleap 2B Extreme OC 27" WHQDs?
I just looked it up. He's charging $900 for the Catleap! :eek:

Do you have a gpu than can push 120fps at 1600p?

2 R290's ? Still not enough? 120hz isn't necessary.. 90-100hz is necessary. Need more info on whether or not this will overclock.

We are definitely on the cusp of a consumer pricing leap/availability for 1400 - 1600p monitors at 27'' and 30'' at $300-$500. I want to see the 100-120hz added as a default and not necessarily an overclock and then we will have ourselves some winners. I bet 6mo - 1 year.

If anyone has this monitor, have you run Kill-A-Watt against it? The Ebay seller says it can consume over 100W. :eek: (Not too surprising due to the ancient CCFL tech.)

Would be all in on this but simply no desk space. my nexus 10 has 2560x1600. Why can't I get a 21-24" 2560x1600 panel?

go with green-sum or bigclothcraft? Also any more confirmation if this is Matte or Glossy? What little I find suggests Matte.

Last edited:

A 30" monitor might be too big for FPS games, you'll have to move your head back and forth too much, although it would depend on how far you are sitting from it.

I've got the Dell UPhhhhttttt, whatever 30" model 1600p. It's also got 6ms response. Now, I'm not exactly the best person to ask about ghosting becuase I don't notice anything, even with really fast motion, but I may not be looking for it. As far as turning your head? No, no, big is aweome. ;)

This is a hot deal if you need a 30". Does anyone make a 24 or 27" 2560x1600 monitor? 30" is just too big for my desk!

@Hulk there are plenty of 27" @ 1600p on ebay from Korea as well.

I'm really tempted to get two of these, but I just bought 2x24" earlier this year lols (have 3x24" on my desk).

Anybody know if this thing will send back HDCP signal so I can use it as a TV screen? I mean, with a HDMI to DVI-D adapter of some sort in the line?

Would be all in on this but simply no desk space. my nexus 10 has 2560x1600. Why can't I get a 21-24" 2560x1600 panel?

Pfft, desk space.
That's why engineers invented monitor arms. You only need 1 contact point with the desk, and then the monitors can just hang off the sides...You do need a fairly sturdy desk though.

Anybody know if this thing will send back HDCP signal so I can use it as a TV screen? I mean, with a HDMI to DVI-D adapter of some sort in the line?

Most likely no, as both of my Korean monitors do not. One is a 27", the other is the Sparta 300 LCD IPS, predecessor to this one on sale. They are both Dual-DVI only.

I think you need a multi-input version for HDCP (much more expensive, and closer to domestic 30" prices). It's perfect for computer use, except stupid Amazon Prime videos which checks HDCP before playback (wtf?)...

Probably b/c you'd need Superman vision to read the font at that resolution at that size. At the very least, turn up Windows font to 120%, but that kind of defeats the purpose of high resolution.

I'm so much on the fence on what I should upgrade my Dell 2405 to. I was thinking a 27" 1440p but now a 30" 1600p is so tempting. Dammit!

Back