Geil Dragon

VonGriffin

Limp Gawd
i just bought used but still under warranty GEIL Dragon GD316GB1600C11DC 16GB (2x8GB) PC12800 DDR3 ram

first on Asrock B85-M pro 4 mobo and Windows 2012 was very unstable , crashing at start , now and then able to run
I used memtest and it did show plenty of errors
moved the sticks, used one (a bit better but still errors)

next i did put it on Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 with 2500k, both geil and asrock memory compatibility list mention it,
OS doesn't menage to start or is very slow, bios recognizes ram just fine, timing and voltage....memtest again with errors

should i RMA it, the seller assured me thy work i kinda don't have much experience with this grade of ram, my low cost Kingstons always tend to work so could use some advice

I won't touch Geil RAM from about 2002 had repeat bad experiences. Besides Corsair only time I've had any problems with RAM just straight up not working at all.

Any errors send that stuff back. Two different boards and the ram has errors, I wouldn't accept even 1 error.

i just bought used but still under warranty GEIL Dragon GD316GB1600C11DC 16GB (2x8GB) PC12800 DDR3 ram

first on Asrock B85-M pro 4 mobo and Windows 2012 was very unstable , crashing at start , now and then able to run
I used memtest and it did show plenty of errors
moved the sticks, used one (a bit better but still errors)

next i did put it on Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 with 2500k, both geil and asrock memory compatibility list mention it,
OS doesn't menage to start or is very slow, bios recognizes ram just fine, timing and voltage....memtest again with errors

should i RMA it, the seller assured me thy work i kinda don't have much experience with this grade of ram, my low cost Kingstons always tend to work so could use some advice

Only way to really know is to test some other ram.

Back