interesting read from an AMD David Bennett interview.

That's a pretty good overview of AMD's APU tech; simplifying everything down into a CPU + GPU embedded device seems to be the best decision for current small systems, so I'm glad AMD is focusing on that aspect of the market.

It is not that surprising. We all knew that AMD was strapped for cash due to the situation on AM3+ platform. That AMD pushes APU is quite normal but AMD hopes to get going in ARM market and that is something we have to see how well it pans out.

Last edited:
David Bennett: I’ll be completely honest. When I came on, everybody told me, don’t bother with India, there’s no market for GPUs. But I’ve seen my GPU sales increase every quarter since I’ve had this job, over the last three quarters. If you look at our competitiveness against Nvidia, we’ve never been more competitive. Card for card we offer better value, at a better price, hands down.

Not at the moment you don't. Time for a new release.
Competition.

Thanks for the post OP. My work break wasn't as boring as usual. Seems like AMD knows what they want to do. I hope this will trickle down and we can get some competitive and somewhat high end on the CPU end of things. The only thing that (kinda) bothered me is that David and Rory may not be on the same page for x86 compute? Or would that have just been misinterpreted?

Last edited:
Back