Need a power supply..

fanboy

[H]ard|Gawd
I am building a new rig which is AMD FX 6300 and HD7950 with 1 hard drive/8gb of DDR3 ram / Blu-Ray drive and need a budget power supply that can handle the load with maybe mild over clocking..

Now I have an older HTPC with a 775 socket e8400 and 560GTX SE that has a PC Power & Cooling 610 watt supply that I though of robbing for the AMD build and just replace it which I have had no issues with it but it's got to be 6 or 7 year old.

Whatever you do, "DO NOT CHEAP OUT" on your power supply. Probably the biggest mistake builders make. A platinum rated unit running at 50 to 70% capacity will pay for itself and last a long time. Note your 7 year old PC Power & Cooling unit that was one of the best in those days. Too bad they make junk now!

I ended up finding a factory reconditioned Corsair TX650 for $45 and got it in today from newegg as it's looks brand new and never used.. I have yet to try It but will post back.

Solid choice, those are very good PSU indeed, its V1 or V2?..

Very good choice at a good price. That much wattage is more than enuff for you what else do u want :)

I ended up finding a factory reconditioned Corsair TX650 for $45 and got it in today from newegg as it's looks brand new and never used.. I have yet to try It but will post back.

I have a CX500 myself. I'm not sure if they use the same fan, but mine had a few grinding issues when I first got it. They seem to have magically subsided though. Aside from that, I got my rebate with no hassle, so they're a good company to go with in my book.

Solid PSU. I bought a reconditioned one myself to rehash some parts to make a PC for the parents. It's been going strong without any problems.

I thinks it is a V2 .. it has been running great without issue and newegg offered me a 1 or 2 year replacement warranty on it as 1 year was $7 and 2 years was $11 so with the $44.99 cost of the unit I took the 2 year warranty which it still keeps it at $55.99 and it has a 56 or 57 amp single 12v rail.

My TX950watt is almost 5 years old now that I run on my x58 and as ran great from day one ..

Back