Unsure if CX750M is compatible with my mobo

The PSU died in my other computer, so I'm looking to get a new one. I was looking at the CX750M from Corsair but I'm not entirely sure it's compatible. From what I've read, that PSU uses an 8-pin CPU connector, however my motherboard (Asus P5N-e SLI) uses a 4-pin connector.

Would I still be able to use that? If not, does the PSU include a 4-pin cable as well? Or should I look for a different PSU entirely? If you have suggestions, my budget for a PSU is maybe $90 maximum.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1849507

Read that, and then decide whether you still want a CX750M. The CX750 and CX750M share the same internals. Just one is modular and the other isn't. There are many much better options for under $90. What is your system?

As for your real question, all modern power supplies utilize a 4+4 pin EPS connector. That means the 8-pin can split into 4+4 for use on 4 pin motherboards.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1849507

Read that, and then decide whether you still want a CX750M...

I actually just finished reading that before coming back to this thread. I do believe I'll avoid this PSU and look for something else. Any suggestions for one that's about $90 or less? Thanks for the info about the 8-pin connector, by the way. My first time replacing a PSU so I wasn't sure how that worked.

My specs:

Mobo: Asus P5N-e SLI
PSU: Antec 600w
GPU: GTX 460 SE 1GB
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.67ghz
RAM: 2GB
O/S: Windows 7 64 bit
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Audigy SE

You only need a 450-550 watt PSU.

Rosewill Capstone 550 watt is $50 AR on Newegg, and is a solid PSU.

i will never use another Corsair psu i had i think a 1050hx burn up last year, was gaming and pc shut off and the breaker feeding my pc tripped and my psu was on fire and smoking

rig
3 7970s

my wife rig had a 750m i bought form best buy when hers went out and it didn't even last a year
1100t
1 7950

Bumping this only cuz I tried to shake off the bad rep of the lower-end Corsair PSUs and got a CX750M for my new build. The PSU worked, but it created insane coil whine on my (also new) GTX970 card. I thought it was the card, but googling around I saw reference to these PSUs being less-than-stellar so I rigged up my old Antec 650W and under the same conditions the coil whine decreased dramatically.

So, an RMA'ing we will go, an RMA'ing we will go.. Ended up ordering a Seasonic instead. *crosses fingers*

I ended up purchasing an EVGA SuperNOVA 650G1 650W PSU. I gotta say, I love these modular power supplies. Made installation a breeze. It's super quiet too, which is nice. Glad I went with this one.

Back