Crossfire issues with Battlefield 4

Sanitarium

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm curious about problems people have experienced with Crossfire systems. I went with 2 R9 270 cards due to the low power draw and performance you could get for the cost. My main problem with this config has been graphical glitches in some games, mainly BF4. There is a lot of texture flickering in that game with Crossfire to the point that it's annoying. It's not just distance textures flickering, but ground textures around you as well. I like the performance I get with these cards, but I'm wondering if the flickering is because of crossfire or the game. To people with single card setups, AMD or nVidia, have you experienced this with BF4?

I have your exact video card setup and it's too bad because I've never experienced anything on those lines. With BF4, instability came from simply crashing if the overclock was too high.

Sorry, and I hope somebody else can shed some light.

EDIT: By any chance, is it on one of the grassy levels? I do remember now that I did have environment texture flickering even on stock clocks and even on single card on that campaign level.

im running 2 r9 290's and for some reason i get better fps with one card vs 2 cards which makes no sense. with 1 card i can average around 100fps, with crossfire i get around 60-80 which is really lame.

Running Quadfire 295X2 + 290X2, and I actually had to DISABLE Crossfire in CCC for the game to run properly in crossfire (confirmed using GPUz while alt+tabbed out of fullscreen). Game uses all 4 cards properly after doing this. Had to do the same thing for Watch_Dogs, otherwise both games kept giving me system crashes/hangs upon start.

Reference 290Xs are clocked at 1018 to match the stock 295X2 clocks. Didn't make any difference for me when I had all 4 running at stock (1000 for 290Xs), and 295X2 can hardly overclock so no real point in OCing at all -- I just wanted all 4 clocks to match.

Using Sapphire Trixx's second newest version, since the newest one won't even allow me to open setup options without instacrashing, and latest non-Beta Catalyst driver on Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter (err, equivalent to Windows 8.1 in terms of most drivers). Full specs in sig if needed.

Sorry for resurrecting this, but how did you disable Crossfire in CCC, yet keep Crossfire running for BF4?

I'm having consistent crashing issues when going crossfire with two 7950's.

I'm now running Quadfire 295X2X2, but all I needed to do was create a game profile in CCC for whatever game was giving me issues, then disable crossfire for that game only. I didn't disable crossfire completely, just for that one game's profile. While ingame, for whatever reason BF4 still used all GPUs (verified by GPUz and other apps), though I haven't played BF4 in a while to see if that's still necessary for smooth gameplay.

I get ground texture flickering on Caspian near the tower. The only other glitch is on Zavod underneath C in Conquest Large; I can't see into the hallway that goes to D. Only happens once in a while.

Crossfire started working for me again after the December patch. I was only using one card prior to that because they broke Crossfire with the Dragon's Teeth patch in early July. I'm hoping the "Winter Patch" in early March doesn't break it again.

If I disable Crossfire in CCC, I only run on one card in BF4. I don't crash anymore, but what's the point of 2 cards if I can only run with one. :mad:

I still have the random flickering texture issue too when I do crossfire. And most of my crashes occur when I go into night scope/IR modes. I'm running the lastest AMD driver.

I'm considering selling off these two cards and going to a newer single GPU b/c of all the problems I'm having with crossfire. It's a shame too b/c I don't have these issues with other games, just BF4.
With Mantle, my FPS are all over the place, all the way from 10 - 120.

I'd like to be open to AMD, but to be honest threads like these scare me. BF4 isn't exactly an indie game.

Did they remove the Crossfire option on the Omega Driver? When I looked at that, it was not there, only frame pacing.

EA/DICE released their winter patch today with some def Mantle/ CrossfireX improvements. I played BF4 with Mantle enabled today (Had been using DX11 because of the memory leak before the patch release.) and def noticed improvements. Like in Shanghai MP64: When the building falls I get no hitches or glitches and the game doesn't crash either (been an issue since launch back in 13) during levolution. I played 4 maps, and it was as smooth as a babies bottom. The game is finally playable on my QuadfireX.

Thank you AMD/EA/Dice for fixing this issue from June of 14. Better late than never!!! :D

Back