Water Cooling

Dtrox1

n00b
So I have been tinkering with the idea of water cooling my machines. I love to overclock and am tired of the annoying sounds the fans make. In my time looking around I have been sent to two main sites to look into doing this, EKWB and Alphacool. Both sites are outside the states, and I was curious if anyone happens to know a decent/reliable manufacturer closer to home? Not so say I wont order from EK or Alpha, just interested in seeing my options.

Thanks,
~David

Manufacturers: Koolance and Swiftech for custom. Corsair for pre-built.

Stores
============
FrozenCPU
Performance-Pcs
SidewinderComputers
jab-tech

Newegg
Amazon
NCIX
Microcenter
Frys

I wouldn't advise using any of the CLC coolers. Swiftech pre-built H140-X, H220-X and H240-X are good.
They are still AIO coolers, but not CLC .. they are not factory sealed without provisions to expand and/or top up / change coolant. They also have higher wattage / more powerful pumps, cool as well as top air or slightly better .. and do it at same noise level as top air.

A good air cooled system can be as silent as custom loops are. It only takes the same attention to detail a good custom loop does .. just not near as much or near as expensive. :D

A good air cooled system can be as silent as custom loops are. It only takes the same attention to detail a good custom loop does .. just not near as much or near as expensive. :D

No it can't. No aircooling system is going to be as quiet as my 2x480 custom water loop. They simply don't have the area for heat dissipation that I do, and never can. I will always be able to dissipate more heat with lower noise.

Get a grip, man. :D

It all depends on how much heat is involved. At stock or mild overclocks air can an does cool systems very quietly when setup properly.

Obviously a very expensive loop cooling everything on water with a very expensive quiet pump can remove more heat at same noise level.

But this thread is about beginner-level water cooling. OP is even considering CLC (heaven forbid) as an option. A top of the line air cooler is less than $100 .. and there are some very quiet and powerful air cooled GPUs available too. A good pump is $100 alone. Add radiators,hose, fitting's, water blocks for CPU and GPU, etc. and the price can easily reach four figures .. sometimes over $4000.00 .. just for cooling components..

I can build an very quiet and powerful air cooling system with total component cost of $200-300 for all fans,coolers and controls.

Get a grip, man. :D

It all depends on how much heat is involved. At stock or mild overclocks air can an does cool systems very quietly when setup properly.

Obviously a very expensive loop cooling everything on water with a very expensive quiet pump can remove more heat at same noise level.

But this thread is about beginner-level water cooling. OP is even considering CLC (heaven forbid) as an option. A top of the line air cooler is less than $100 .. and there are some very quiet and powerful air cooled GPUs available too. A good pump is $100 alone. Add radiators,hose, fitting's, water blocks for CPU and GPU, etc. and the price can easily reach four figures .. sometimes over $4000.00 .. just for cooling components..

I can build an very quiet and powerful air cooling system with total component cost of $200-300 for all fans,coolers and controls.

In other words, high end air cooling can compete with low end water cooling. I agree, that just isn't what you said originally ;)

Depends on what you call "low end water cooling." To me, all custom loop is high end. "Low end water cooling" is the garbage AIO & CLCs with pumps using less wattage then some fans .. in which case high-end eir stomps them into their own mud. :D

How much would your "low end water cooling" system cost? Including both CPU and GPU blocks and enough radiator area so their fan speed could be kept below 1000rpm.

Depends on what you call "low end water cooling." To me, all custom loop is high end. "Low end water cooling" is the garbage AIO & CLCs with pumps using less wattage then some fans .. in which case high-end eir stomps them into their own mud. :D

How much would your "low end water cooling" system cost? Including both CPU and GPU blocks and enough radiator area so their fan speed could be kept below 1000rpm.

"low end" = you have a budget.
"high end" = carte blanche.

I don't even consider AIO's to be watercooling.

LOL.

I think of AIO and definitely CLC as "wannabee water cooling". :D

Back