Steve Jobs Really Hated Google

HardOCP News

[H] News
When Google CEO downplayed the animosity Steve Jobs had for Google, I guess he must have all forgot about this famous rant. :eek:

Our lawsuit is saying, ‘Google, you f*cking ripped off the iPhone, wholesale ripped us off.’ Grand theft. I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple’s $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I’m going to destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product. I’m willing to go to thermonuclear war on this. They are scared to death, because they know they are guilty. Outside of Search, Google’s products — Android, Google Docs — are sh*t.

is it just me, or did steve jobs hate everyone but himself?

lol andriod is a free ecosystem and one could say even democratic vs the chavez-like rule that apple has over ios... oh well

I have to assume that if Steve called it a stolen rip off that he is saying he feels it is equally as good as his product... :D

It is in Larry Page's interests to downplay all of this.
Having said that, Walter Isaacson's biography gives me no reason to doubt that Jobs had every intent to destroy Android. This was a man that could not tolerate any perceived injustice against him, and a man who's hungry, ruthless, with nothing to lose and at the end of his life. The said man had no reason to hold back against an outright, thermonuclear war, against his foes.

Thank god he's finally dead. He started off okay, then let power and corruption ruin his life.

Hold on. The said useless angry ass did manage to make about 6-7 billion dollars for his family... and made quite a few shareholders happy...

Thank god he's finally dead. He started off okay, then let power and corruption ruin his life.

He was an angry bitter shell of his former self at the end. Seemed like his life was taking a parallel with Darth Vader, with all of the white themed apple stores his storm troopers stationed in every part of the galaxy.

That kind of hatred can really eat you alive. :D (It's no longer too soon.)

hey, he's dead. Good Riddance

Lets just move onto more important things then talking about him...

Hold on. The said useless angry ass did manage to make about 6-7 billion dollars for his family... and made quite a few shareholders happy...
He did, but he had to use and abuse everyone around him.

Made me laugh. I though healthy competition was part of capitalism. If he didn't want to compete why didn't he go to Russia?

Thank god he's dead? You people seriously need to rethink your life. Because you disagree with what he was about, surely doesn't mean he deserved to die. Jobs was what every business man strives to be and that's successful. He stuck up until the end for products he created and couldn't stand people taking his ideas and making money off of them.

To wish someone dead is just immature but this is the internet afterall.

Think this was posted some months back x.X

Or maybe I read it somewhere else... but yea, does not paint him in any better light. He will still be Jesus to Apple fans though.

Did anyone here actually watch Pirates of Silicon Valley? The movie showed that Steve Jobs was nuts from the very start. There was a scene in the movie where he was in a closet screaming as a method to relieve himself.

Apple copied Xerox of all companies. A company to this day that's only renown for photocopiers. Then Steve Jobs has the balls to call Android a stolen product?

Seriously watch the movie and learn a thing or two about Apple. The real genius of Apple was Steve Wozniak. He was depicted as a nice guy who generally wasn't money hungry. He actually was the person who created the first Apple computer. Where as Steve Jobs was a demented hippie who was more worried about his social status then anything else. He was just in the right place at the right time.

pirates-of-silicon-valley.jpg

You know Karma is a bitch Mr Jobs. Eventually it was returned to you in more ways than one...

I don't think Jobs would have been happy until every man, woman, and children owned the full bevy of apple products. Until that day, he'd be whining about company X or company Y that dared even make a device or program with a similar purpose to the crApple garbage.

Well he was right about one thing, google products other than search have never been anything but halfbaked betas....and even the search has been getting shittier.

Otherwise, I love when a thief complains that another thief stole from him.

And Steve jobs complaining about a thief is the ultimate takes one to know one argument :)

Well he was right about one thing, google products other than search have never been anything but halfbaked betas....and even the search has been getting shittier.

I would hardly consider Android a "half-baked beta". But other than that, yeah, mostly.

When you grow up, you will realize that money is a very tiny part of the experience and certainly not an accomplishment or goal.

I would hardly consider Android a "half-baked beta". But other than that, yeah, mostly.

Sorry, but Android is a half-baked beta. Hardware and software fragmentation along with an inconsistent UI makes it feel half-baked.

Sorry, but Android is a half-baked beta. Hardware and software fragmentation along with an inconsistent UI makes it feel half-baked.

Much of that is the fault of smartphone developers, not Google.

I take it you haven't used an Android phone with 4.0+/ICS on it..?

Jobs quoting Picasso - "Good artist copy, great artists steal"

Steve jobs - "We've always been shameless about stealing great ideas"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

Hypocrite.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wondered about this.
Apple got the GUI and the mouse from Zerox.
Apple didn’t invent the MP3 player. I had a RIO Diamond in 1998
Apple didn’t invent the “app store” hell my Motorola RAZR flip phone had an app store.
Apple didn’t invent the Tablet
Apple didn’t invent the smart phone although I will admit that the original Iphone is almost exactly what I had been asking for years.

I’m sure I’m missing a lot of things here but regardless I scratch my head at the man who copied a lot of things getting mad someone did the same to him.

I take it you haven't used an Android phone with 4.0+/ICS on it..?

When I switched from Gingerbread to ICS on my Nexus s I thought it was a really minor upgrade. After using ICS on my Nexus and now my Galaxy Nexus I can't imagine going back. There's so many little improvements I love it.

Back