What software do you use to pull a short audio segment from a DVD movie?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I just want to pull out a few sentence into WMV to make my own MS win 7 theme. Is there a software to pull a few seconds of audio dialog thru out a certain movie?

If it's audio ONLY, then even the built-in "Sound Recorder" can do this.

Additionally, if you want more control, Audacity is the go to free program for any casual audio editing on Windows or OSX. Its a timeline style editor so you get a good visual representation when working with the audio, which is essential in my opinion. Plus it has among more advanced ones, basic filters and modifiers for working with sound.

However in order to do either of those, if you are Windows 7 you will need to enable "Stereo Mix" on your recording devices under your Sound options. Windows 7 (Vista was iffy) introduced a fairly primitive form of DRM by making the sound coming from the sound card not available to any programs in a way to prevent you from doing exactly what you ware wanting to do. But luckily the "Stereo Mix" option is easily found and activated.

I don't see it. Under Option, Sound, Recording, the only thing in green check mark is "Microphone", which is not what I want.

Can you walk me thru?

Start menu.
Click search bar.
Start typing "sound recorder"
Click sound recorder.

you probably dont have stereo mix then

probably not the lightest solution but you can record whatever with obs.

Back