How Painful is G.Skill's RMA process?

GushpinBob

2[H]4U
Hey, guys! I've got a stick of DDR3 RAM from this kit that went tits up on me recently (verified in MemTest86+) and I am wondering if I should still bother with sending this back to G.Skill? My main concern is that I was running this stick on an EVGA X58 board with a Xeon X5650 and all I'm seeing on G.Skill's site are these 1156 LGA and AMD boards as the ones officially supported by this particular model of memory (no mention of any 1366 board). Will I be able to RMA this stick or will G.Skill tell me to eff off? TIA

It was easy similar to the rma experience from Crucial. Although I emailed them error screens from memtest86+ along with my testing procedure.

G. Skills RMA process is brilliant in my experience.

Lifetime warranty, fill out the paperwork online, send them the kit and they replace the kit.

I've RMAed 1 kit that wasn't bad but turned out to be the CPUs IMC with no issue at all.

They even let me exhange one kit of ram for another because of it's color and I requested that in the email.

Thanks for all your input. I was originally gonna go with Newegg's RMA process but seeing that they modified their terms at some point (30 day limit after placing an order BS) it looks like I'll be filing with G.Skill.

I have only had to rma a few items with G.Skill and every time it's been painless.

My very first RMA was years ago involving a pair of used DDR memory modules I bought off the hard forum. At the time, their RMA form requested a copy of the purchasing invoice, which I of course didn't have. Because the modules had a lifetime warranty, I emailed them and told them I didn't have the invoice. They said no problem and processed the RMA anyway, no questions asked. Couldn't have been happier with the service I received.

Since then, I've been a regular G.Skill customer. When I run into an issue (rarely), they always take care of it.

I had one experience that went fine a year ago (DDR1). Hopefully this new time is as painless. I think I may need to. I bought the sticks about 2 years ago, but I was only using 3 of the 4 sticks. My Haswell system hasn't been stable and i've removed all overclocks and am still getting occaisonal errors and the boards memory light is on. My first inclination is that I happenned to use the 3 working sticks before!

Well down to two sticks and got blue screens... so in go the other two. We'll see how testing goes but yeah good to hear it's lifetime.

i did a RMA with them last december, i bought 2- 2x8GB kits used from this forum for a great price, but the mobo had issues with them, i had a numbers matching new set within a week or 2, i told them what was wrong and they advised on running serial number matching kits and all has been fine since.........

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1795605

great company IMO

Same here. G.Skill's pretty good. FWIW, Crucial's is pretty good too, but I've RMA'd too many Ballistix over the years...

A couple of years back I had bought 4x4GB gskill ram and whe nI got them one stick was not good, I just left it out and basically forgot about RMA ing the stick figured it would be to muich of a hassle well I found the stick just under two years later and thought top my self what the hell . well they replaced it with pretty much no hassle aty all the only thing I needed was a copy of the receipt .
I have RMAed a few things and always had some problem but Gskill no problems at all.

Back