NVIDIA GeForce 560 Ti directU II, AMP DOUBT

Alexaurio

n00b
Hi there! I've got a NVIDIA GEFORCE 560 TI DIRECTUII and I don't know if my PSU would be enough for it. On the webpage says ``12V current rating of 30A´´, and in my PSU says: +5VSB 2A, -12V 0.3A, +12V2 12A, +12V1 12A, +5V 24A, +3.3V 24A. I supose my amperage is not enough but I wanna know if it will run (bottleneck I know) or if it's going to explode or sth. I don't care if is not enough power if it runs, I'll buy a proper one in the future, but at the moment this is all i've got. Btw, they also say minimum 500W and my PSU is 500W. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Depends on what model your PSU is. A good one will handle it no problems. A bad one can catch fire and burn your computer.

What PSU are you using? brand and model..? dual +12V of 12A with high +5V and 3.3V sound like a horrible bad quality PSU.. 2 combined 12V 12A Rail would never be anywhere near of a rating of 30A because rails mixed never scale completely perfect so isn't even 12A+12A=24A at the best scenario would be like 20A or 22A in a good quality PSU, best possible answer would be "just try it and see". but that isn't applicable with low quality cheap PSUs as it can damage other components..

Well, I had another PSU and it used to work just fine... I don't remember the specs but it had 300w I think... xDDDD maybe all this amperage thing was better distributed or sth like that, I don't really know... I could try, but I don't want my processor or RAM or motherboard or HDD burned or damaged... And it would happen perfectly as I know... so... i'm fucked xD

Exceeding a good PSU's capabilities will result in nothing more than a harmless forced shutdown. Exceeding a bad PSU's capabilities may have catastrophic consequences. That one you linked is most likely a low quality PSU.

Back