Logitech G910 Mechanical Keyboard

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/rgb-gaming-keyboard-g910

I have a G15v1 keyboard ive been looking for a direct replacement. It seems like this is it. Its mechanical and the screen is removed but you can use your phone or tablet instead that does the same thing.

Thoughts on this keyboard, and its switches?

orion-keyboard.png

logitech-gaming-romer-g-keys.jpg

EXCLUSIVE ROMER-G MECHANICAL SWITCHES
Fast, Durable Gaming Technology
Exclusive new Romer-G™ mechanical switches make Orion Spark™ our fastest keyboard ever. With up 25 percent faster actuation you will have the edge in battles where every millisecond matters. Improved durability ensures the best gaming keyboard will weather the wear and tear of intense gaming for years to come.

g910-orion-spark-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.jpg

INTELLIGENT RGB ILLUMINATION
Customize With Over 16.8M Colors
Mark keys by color to keep track of spells and game commands. The keys feature customizable lighting from a palette of 16.8 million colors. Each key letter is entirely illuminated for a beautiful, evenly-lit glow.*

logitech-gaming-arx-control.jpg
logitech-gaming-arx-control.jpg
rrYL8zGaHRmHLhO9pU-7MHpLeegrobPIaHn468DGBUNtXb31u6UyUJS7IeqEBvi0SJ0=h310-rw
D5lpq2s-Ui9IiicicHqasfhef8sGC5ePcNlNfTqKb1_VNMZno6JeVcCAdBrohzNGEg=h310-rw

VLt0UDLXOlWUbuBu-Irv04IOCNu9oOlB2MemDE-7LUSTI_0jdFcZo9lFLkhAC8Sw-jFJ=h310-rw
mcXVhTOj-vJkomPdDL8210RwVJCKL4_zMtVlsUZQOAO_HnCoRdQYTTapXsyH0QDrHnas=h310-rw

ARX CONTROL INTEGRATION
In-Game Stats on a Mobile Screen
Use your smart phone or tablet to display in-game info, vital system statistics and more. Arx Control app introduces second-screen capability, and the keyboard’s adjustable smart dock supports iOS® and Android™ devices for greater functionality.*

logitech-gaming.jpg

9 PROGRAMMABLE BUTTONS
Set Macros and Custom Commands
Customize your favorite game with 9 individually programmable G-keys. Orion Spark supports up to 27 commands across three profiles for maximum convenience. Logitech Gaming Software makes setting up commands easy.*
Designed For Gaming
The keys have been designed for gamers. G-keys have been re-positioned for optimal speed and accessibility, and Orion Spark key caps have been carefully designed to help prevent mistyping. Two palm rests ensure that you are comfortable as possible.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see Omron make a comeback into the realm keyboard switches and I commend Logitech for not using the Kailh Cherry imitations. However, the downside is that anyone who purchases this keyboard will be stuck with the stock keycaps which have a very peculiar profile.

In regards to aesthetics, I do not find the G910 appealing. To be honest, I have a distaste in regards to the route Logitech has been taking since the revamp ('s' suffix) of their mouse lineup. I hate to say these kind of things because to me it sound as if I'm on some kind of high horse, but everything from the designs to the branding (Proteus Core, Hyperion Fury, Orion Spark) seem to be designed to appeal to children.

I prefer subtle looking keyboards (I own FILCO Majestouch 2 and a CM Strom Novatouch) and peripherals in general.

I don't see that this provides $80 of value over the G710+. I lot of it will hinge upon how good those switches are. I really like the MX Browns in the 710+.

Very interesting. I'm curious about these Romer-G switches, and how they apparently are paired with RGB per-key backlighting tech. It is only so very recently that Cherry MX RGB (exclusively with Corsair, at first) has just broken onto the market; I wonder how they will stack up. As PixelNinja noted, its nice they're not using the "cherry knockoffs" though, but I too am a bit concerned about the keycap style. It doesn't seem you can easily replace them with another type given their shape, but perhaps that is inaccurate. I wonder if the RGB feature will allow for the same sort of responsive lighting (ie "raindrop patterns", waves etc...) that we've seen on Corsair devices.

What really "wows" me however, is this being the replacement for the "game panel' screen. A decade ago Logitech did a very smart thing with their G15 series - they made interacting with the LCD and G-keys open source - source/SDK with examples were included in every driver package! This is why Logi is nearly exclusively the only "screen on a keyboard" that is actually useful beyond the handful of craptastic apps commissioned by the manufacturer at launch (see: Razer, Cyborg and others). World of Warcraft implements GamePanel support into their client, as do Mumble/Teamspeak/Ventrilo, and plenty of overclock-friendly programs like CoreTemp etc... all because it was easy, open source and license-fee free to do so! However, when it comes to Logi G15 or even the G19 (which I am still using until I make my next purchase), a little low-res screen won't cut it anymore in the days of smartphones. So, they did the smart thing and allowed users to use their existing device for the 2nd screen integration! Looking over the Arx Control links, they seem to have SDKs as well, but I'm unsure of their openness and whatnot. The big question will be if ArxControl can be able to display old GamePanel written programs and existing integrations as well, until devs make more robust modern application, or if everything will need to be re-written for the new implementation. Logitech's Gaming Software tends to be pretty well made and user friendly with lots of options, but its nice to see that the new SDKs aren't just for Arx, but also for allowing an application to control the G-keys and/or illumination patterns directly, without the need of the Logi software! All of this bodes very well for Linux users (assuming what's in the SDK is viable), which is both personally important to me, as well as being a metric for the overall ease of adoption/use of these tech even without the official Logi software. In the past, GamePanel/G-Key have been well supported by 3rd party FOSS applications in Linux because of the openness, and hopefully that will happen again.

So far, so good. If they can bring it to market soon and in a usable form, I'm eager to see. I'm still heavily considering the Corsair K95 RGB when it arrives, but I have to admit this does add another option to that list.

Having been enjoying a G19 for many years now, I'm curious about this keyboard. I like the idea, but the pictures make it look very, very toy-ish.

After seeing and trying it out I'll make a decision. Want to like it, but on the fence.

Still waiting on Logitech to come out with a mechanical keyboard with an LCD screen :<

This is, in theory, a mechanical keyboard with a screen. The only difference is, it is "bring your own screen", which may actually be a better solution. They know that selling a mechanical G19 for $200 or more with a 320x240 resolution (or something similar) is not going to fly in an era where there are now 1440p cell phone displays. Thus, it saves money for most users (most buyers of a mechanical keyboard like this probably also have some sort of smartphone is a safe bet) So provided backward compatibility and the same open source nature remain intact this is a more flexible evolution of their original paradigm.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/articles/arx-control

OP it sounds like they are trying to mimic MX Red switches with this board. Light and fast keystrokes, probably pretty loud with no tactile feedback - just the bottoming out. I could be 110% wrong though.
A logitech rep on their facebook said they are most like browns. 45g, tactile, no-clicky.

Anyways not using MX mount or ALPS mount is a good thing in one aspect. Both mounts are known for keycaps to wobble on them, which varied in part due to quality of keycaps. Plus aftermarket keycaps for backlit keyboards are sparse to begin with.

I don't see that this provides $80 of value over the G710+. I lot of it will hinge upon how good those switches are. I really like the MX Browns in the 710+.
It's not priced against the G710+ but against Corsair RGB k95 and Razer Blackwindow Chroma. Individually backlit keys that can be individually controlled is a the difference.
This is, in theory, a mechanical keyboard with a screen. The only difference is, it is "bring your own screen", which may actually be a better solution. They know that selling a mechanical G19 for $200 or more with a 320x240 resolution (or something similar) is not going to fly in an era where there are now 1440p cell phone displays. Thus, it saves money for most users (most buyers of a mechanical keyboard like this probably also have some sort of smartphone is a safe bet) So provided backward compatibility and the same open source nature remain intact this is a more flexible evolution of their original paradigm.
They probably also don't want that awkward thing with the G19 where you need to plug it into an external power source as usb 2.0 doesn't supply enough power for the color screen.

Not showing up for pre-order anywhere in the UK. I wonder if they're going to miss launch?

I'm not overly impressed with the K70 RGB I got, the software/driver is a bit flaky so I'm looking for alternatives...

I want this!!! Badly!! I am a complete sucker for cool lights and play pretties and this thing has them all and it looks much better than the Corsair and Razer models. This thing looks flat out bad ass! I do wish they would put out a keyboard just like this but with a LCD screen like the G19 so I can go full geek but this thing is pretty close. Dont think Ill be buying it anytime soon but I can almost guarantee that Ill have one on my desk before too long.

Yeah but I use a Note 2 and will replace it with a Note 4 so that's not exactly gonna fit especially since I use a keyboard drawer with only a few inches of clearance from the bottom on the desk. Something like the G19 would be perfect.

It doesn't have to be in the slot, I'm guessing it works over wifi or bluetooth. So you can place it wherever.

A logitech rep on their facebook said they are most like browns. 45g, tactile, no-clicky.

I received mine a few moments ago (shipped from Logitech in the US yesterday and arrives earlier this evening) and the keys feel OK. They are a bit more 'mushy' than the browns and if you miss the center of the key there is more friction (maybe due to the different key stems).

It's definitely not as smooth as keys on a Topre, and it's somewhat comparable to Cherry clears (I'll do more test to compare this weekend)...

And the colors are not as bad as the promo material would have you believe (unless you select the 'wave' effect).

I received mine a few moments ago (shipped from Logitech in the US yesterday and arrives earlier this evening) and the keys feel OK. They are a bit more 'mushy' than the browns and if you miss the center of the key there is more friction (maybe due to the different key stems).

It's definitely not as smooth as keys on a Topre, and it's somewhat comparable to Cherry clears (I'll do more test to compare this weekend)...

And the colors are not as bad as the promo material would have you believe (unless you select the 'wave' effect).

so they are out now?

Oh sweet, they're out.

Pictures and more impressions on the switches, lighting and configuration software would be much appreciated.

Oh sweet, they're out.

Pictures and more impressions on the switches, lighting and configuration software would be much appreciated.

I have received mine directly from Logitech. They had a promotion (might still be available) with free next day air shipping (UPS) in the Canadian and the US store. It looks like it's the only place where it's available.

About the keys, there is some tactile feedback (a small bump) but it's very subtle. The concave profile on the keys feel strange at first (I can imagine it being useful for avoiding mistyping) but it's nothing to drastic.

RGB Illumination is great (perfectly centered and even). It's also quite bright! The font they used is a bit much and some will probably find it tacky. Speaking of tacky, they have replaced the 'G' letter with the Logitech 'G' logo. But every design choices are in line with the other G series products currently available from Logitech.

The configuration software is the usual Logitech Gaming Software but you have to use version 8.57.145 for it to recognize the keyboard. It's very simple to setup and from what I understand you can setup lighting profiles for each game but I haven&#8217;t tried yet. There are a few included effects (like color wave) but I did not find a way to create more. I haven&#8217;t used the Corsair RGB keyboard but from the reviews the Corsair software appears to be more flexible.

The construction is an all plastic affair (can't say it's worst than Filco/Leopold/Topre) but it feels solid and it shouldn&#8217;t be a fingerprint magnet since it's all matte black. I did notice pinging when pressing the left ALT key but it's not major (Filco owners will feel at home). The look is a matter of taste but if you select a subdued color scheme it looks quite good. I'm not a fan of the asymmetrical detachable wrist rest (but at least it's detachable) and even without it the lower portion of the keyboard is also asymmetrical. It's stable and doesn&#8217;t move when typing or gaming but I'm on glass desk so YMMV depending on the surface of you're using it on.

Last edited:
I'm using the G910 as my main keyboard and so far I do not really miss my Filco, Leopold or Topre (but I'm not saying that the G910 is better than these). Again, while I'm not overly fond of the design (it looks better, and it is more comfortable without the wrist rest) the illumination is great and the switches are really comfortable for both typing and gaming.

I also got used to the key profile pretty quickly and the keys feel more smooth now (I guess I'm simply getting used to the switches and/or getting better at hitting the keys dead-centre). Also (while this is not exclusive to the G910), I like the fact that the Windows keys can be disabled with the press of a button, same goes for lighting.

I haven&#8217;t tried Arx Control yet but it looks mildly interesting and I'm sure some will find useful. The software (Logitech Gaming Software) is OK but I wish that it offered more configuration options. But then again, would I really have any used for them?

Just ordered one as well. I'll post my impressions once it arrives. I've also used the Corsair K95 and the Logitech 710+ so I'll use those for comparisons.

I currently have a CM QFR with cherry mx red and o-rings.

I am wondering how the G910 compare to reds in term of bottoming out noise and the noise when you release the key?

Thanks.

Seem fairly quiet, especially when you release the key, which is where most of the noise comes from on Cherry MX Red, but then again there are a lot of background noise. Maybe someone like magictoaster can chip in?

Seem fairly quiet, especially when you release the key, which is where most of the noise comes from on Cherry MX Red, but then again there are a lot of background noise. Maybe someone like magictoaster can chip in?

I find that the key noise is comparable to my Filco with red switches or my Leopold with clear switches. Like I said earlier some keys a definitely suffering from a Filco-like ping but it is nothing major (and I could be mad worst by the fact that I'm using the keyboard on a tempered glass desk).

If you smash on the keys you will hear them bottom-out with a thud (like all keyboards) but the are indeed quiet when released.

Mine has arrived and I love the feel of the new keyboard. I was hoping that the dock would have a charger but that's my only disappointment. Love the feel of the new switches.

Just in case anyone cares. I just bought one of these at Best Buy! Got the last one in stock or the only one in stock. In Michigan.

what was the price? same as the $179.99 on logitechs website?

Yup. I just had to pay uncle Sam a couple bucks.

Did you find it on the website first or just luck out in store?

Nope and thats the funny part. I googled it on my drive back from my parents home which is an hour away. Then I said hey why not just stop by.... low and behold it was there! I was so shocked. I mean you cant find any reference to it on their site or anywhere on google.

I searched their site last night after seeing your post and they had nothing on it about this keyboard, just checked again and now they have a listing and it's in stock in my town.

Picked one up just now. Like carajean206 it was the only one. Will post up first impressions in a bit.

I tried to pick one up today and even tho it was listed as in stock at the store they couldn't find it.

Back