SteelSeries Support/RMA

Syphon Filter

2[H]4U
Has anyone got any experiences with SteelSeries and their support process?

I have a Sensei Raw (which I really like) which has developed an intermittent middle button. I've raised a ticket but it's been a couple of days now and I've not heard anything back.

I'd be interested to know what other people's experiences are like.

Had the same exact issue actually about 2 weeks ago. They got back to me within 2 days I believe (and it might have been during a weekend). I was told that if the mouse was within warranty (1 year US) then they would replace it with proof of purchase... Sadly mine was a little over.

Last edited:
Yep. Typical SteelSeries support. I've RMAed a mouse two times, a huge pain in the ass each time.
Are you able to update the ticket by adding comments? I thought you could. Maybe that will get their attention.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Diablo 3 or COD branded versions are basically the same as the Sensei Raw?

Also, on the Sensei Raw the CPI button can be bound, is the same true of the aforementioned branded versions?

My experience with SS support has been excellent.

I purchase a Steelseries keyboard off of Woot! only to have it show up with ghosting issues, and they replaced it (a $25 keyboard) with a brand new Apex RGB (value of $100) no questions asked...

I take it all back. It took them a little while to respond but since they did everything has been rolling smoothly.

A few days (3-4) after posting my ticket they arranged an RMA. They received it. Day or two later I get a message saying they're evaluating/testing or something.

Couple of days later I get a message saying approved for replacement.

Today I get a message saying they're sending me a Sensei Wireless out to me! That's a £130 mouse and over 3 times what I paid for my Sensei Raw. :D

Amazing. Seriously, fucking amazing. This is how you treat customers. Chuffed to bits and will not hesitate to buy another SteelSeries product.

TL;DR -

A little low to respond initially but treat you right. Great company :)

My experience is quite different. But mine was for a refund, which I suspect I'll never see, despite the fact that they acknowledge receiving my Sensei Wireless mouse and inspecting and approving the refund.

The mouse was sent back to them in August 2014. I've had numerous support tickets due to their closing my tickets asking where the refund is. They don't respond for weeks on end...so I open a new ticket just to initiate dialog. Finally in October I got a response from Mike S. saying a refund had been issued and would take a few days. Never showed up. I continually asked for confirmation so I could have my credit card company look into it. No response. I opened a case with the Better Business Bureau (where, by the way, they have an F rating). They didn't respond to that, either. I found someone who works for Steelseries on Reddit, and he must have prompted them to look into my issue as I finally got a response 3 weeks ago.

Mike finally said there was a problem on their end with their payment processor, so if I would give them my paypal address they would send the refund there. I did that on 11/2. Not a word since then. And, of course, no refund.

Long story short, they have my mouse, they have my money, they have caused me anxiety and frustration, and they have the worst customer service I've ever dealt with in my entire life. I would never ever buy a Steelseries product. That's my experience. Glad yours seems to have worked out.

My Sensei cable developed a fault.
Steelseries told me to send it to them, in Denmark, I'm in the UK.
I asked them to arrange for collection but they refused. So I explained that it will cost a lot and it is under warranty.
They again refused.
So I pointed out the law here which says they must pay return costs.

Things were taking a long time I had to prod them a few times during all this to get the ball rolling again.
Overall it took a month for them to agree to send me a new one on the proviso that I destroy the old mouse.

Received the new mouse and this one has developed a double click on the primary button and the middle button often doesnt register the button press, within months of opening it as new.
I can get the double click to go away for a while if I rapidly press it a lot, but it always starts again some time after.

I'm not impressed with their Customer Service, nor their quality control.
I somehow get the feeling I was sent a bum mouse on purpose. If not, it doesnt bode at all well any way.
Once this mouse has annoyed me enough I'll be buying from another mfr.
Sad.

edit
just realised the middle button also has a double/triple click, as well as not working sometimes!
Poor.

Last edited:
Wow.

Such differing experiences. If you guys are having problems maybe you should get into their social media to try and get things moving?

I like to be able to recommend what I buy or who I buy from.
If they cant be plain decent then I cant recommend them and wont buy from them.
I wont risk putting anyone else through what I've been through

They put their reputation on the line, now they have lost it.
It will take them a long time to earn it back, if ever.
They "chose" to treat customers this way.

Steelseries support takes a while to respond but other than that , theyre a good company :D

Back