Looking for 3 of the top "Most Powerful" All in Ones

HomerRulez

[H]ard|Gawd
Any recommendations? Google keeps bringing up single articles or old AIO from last year

I found one that was 2900 from lenovo but its got a 630GT. You'd think for 3k, Id get a 680 at least. Im not looking to match another persons desktop gaming rig but for 3k...c mon now LENOVO!

Anyone know of them off the top of their head? Money isnt an issue but im not spending a pretty penny for weak arse gaming performance. Im okay with a 680 gpu, just nothing crappier.

Hoping someone can help and in the meantime, I'll keep googling

Unless a company passes out review samples before release, reviews will follow after release by a margin.
At a quick google, you would have to find one you like and upgrade video card,
Case size and cooling would be an issue.

You might find a better purchase as a used item in this forum, or one like overclockers.net or anandtech classifieds. If you do not need want company support.

The iMac is usually the top dog, if just because Apple is one of the few companies that treats all-in-ones as a major part of its desktop lineup. You do need to splurge if you want truly desktop-class graphics, though. Well... that and it may be wise to wait for the next update, whether that's this fall or early next year. Intel's Broadwell + GeForce 900M series graphics, hopefully!

Any recommendations? Google keeps bringing up single articles or old AIO from last year

I found one that was 2900 from lenovo but its got a 630GT. You'd think for 3k, Id get a 680 at least. Im not looking to match another persons desktop gaming rig but for 3k...c mon now LENOVO!

Anyone know of them off the top of their head? Money isnt an issue but im not spending a pretty penny for weak arse gaming performance. Im okay with a 680 gpu, just nothing crappier.

Hoping someone can help and in the meantime, I'll keep googling

The biggest issue with AIO pc's is the small form factor itself. You are going to be extremely limited on hardware choice due to space and heat concerns. That's why most of them have anemic hardware choices. They also tend to cost a pretty penny due to the engineering involved to design them like that and a lack of demand for them in the first place.

This is why most AIO pc's ship with laptop hardware. Even the MSI's someone linked above are built with laptop GPU's and CPU's. The CPU that is listed in the MSI computer linked above is clocked at 2.4ghz to 3.3ghz turbo, which is slower than every desktop i7 out there. The GTX880m is a re-branded GTX780m, which inturn was a rebranded GTX680m. The only difference is a much larger quantity of VRAM and the core clock has been increased dramatically from 720mhz to 954mhz. Performance wise, that puts a GTX880m just short of a GTX680 desktop part.

And we officially have a winner for all-in-ones: the iMac with Retina 5K display.

http://www.apple.com/imac-with-retina/

It's not just one of the fastest AIOs out there... it has the best display you'll see on any computer, including pro workstations. And it's a (relatively) good deal, too -- Dell is charging $2,500 for its yet-to-ship 5K display all by itself, while Apple is giving you a "free" computer at the same time.

The Rig in my sig is now a year old but still decently powerful, the GPU isn't anything to write home about, basically a HD7770

http://www.asus.com/ca-en/AllinOne_PCs/ET2702IGTH/

I paid 1800 (CDN $) last Sept, I still think it's one of the better AIW's

I upgraded to an SSD and put in more ram, only issue with that was that it was a supreme pain in the ass to open everything up and upgrade, but it's worked flawlessly since then.

The thunderbolt ports are a nice addition too!

You'll probably need to wait until they start releasing AIOs with a GTX 980m.

The GTX 880m is roughly equal to a GTX 760. Which would still put it slower than a GTX 680.

We don't have full details yet on the r9 m295x in the new iMac. Apple is claiming up to 3.5 tflops. By comparison the r9 285, not using the full chip, is rated at 3.3 tflops. So possibly a full chip, Tonga XT?, but at mobile clock speeds?

And we officially have a winner for all-in-ones: the iMac with Retina 5K display.

http://www.apple.com/imac-with-retina/

It's not just one of the fastest AIOs out there... it has the best display you'll see on any computer, including pro workstations. And it's a (relatively) good deal, too -- Dell is charging $2,500 for its yet-to-ship 5K display all by itself, while Apple is giving you a "free" computer at the same time.

I got a max specced one sitting right beside me, and I don't like the screen at all...
It's 8-bit, very unaccurate and the GPU got problems just driving the thing (not gaming and stuff, just normal productivity and media).
We were to order a bunch, but we decided to even send it back. And look at the new 27" 4K screens and 34" widescreens with workstations.

EDIT: To put it in perspective, this is for Photoshop and printing use. I wouldn't have a problem with it for web browsing and productivity. (but what's the point of a 2500$ machine for that?)

Back