Interesting, can you get 1920x1200 out of a HDMI port when you use a HDMI to DVI adaptor?

Yes. For a while I've run a Dell Studio laptop with the HDMI port connected to a 24" 1920x1200 monitor using an HDMI to DVI cable. You can convert from HDMI to DVI without any 'conversion' happening, it's the same signal. Only area of concern I think is if you need dual link DVI (27"+ monitor or 120Hz HD signal). I think it's HDMI 1.3 or better to support dual link DVI modes but I'm not sure, it could be vendor specific.

Yes. For a while I've run a Dell Studio laptop with the HDMI port connected to a 24" 1920x1200 monitor using an HDMI to DVI cable. You can convert from HDMI to DVI without any 'conversion' happening, it's the same signal. Only area of concern I think is if you need dual link DVI (27"+ monitor or 120Hz HD signal). I think it's HDMI 1.3 or better to support dual link DVI modes but I'm not sure, it could be vendor specific.

Well, the Sapphire card apparently has HDMI 1.4. The specifications list "HDMI (with 3D)" and AFAIK only version 1.4 supports 3D.

Back