Hi guys what do you think that is better for MMO games? I'm deciding between Razer

Cloxius

n00b
Hi guys what do you think that is better for MMO games? I'm deciding between Razer Naga 2014 and Logitech G600

and second question is what is better mousepad from Logitech ? Cloth one g240 or hard one g440? Also can't decide which one to buy mostly for World of Warcraft hardcore playing :D :) Thanks

If the mousepad doesn't work out you can switch out the feet with some Hotlines mouse feet.
I would get the Logitech 600 =) I have one it was good for my caster in Rift but I didn't like it for my Tank so I shelved it. Steelseries QCK is my favorite mouse pad.

I tried both a couple years ago when I was getting back into WoW arena. I found that I greatly preferred the Razer Naga Molten over the Logitech G600 due to the way it fit in my hand and how the keys were positioned and notched.

For the mousepad, I needed up with the Razer Sphex. It's cheap, thin, and surface is really smooth since it's semi-hard. I personally dislike cloth mouse pads and the dragging sensation is causes.

Regarding mice, I've personally found that Razer products aren't always up to the quality of hardware (or software) that I prefer, so I tend to prefer others. I do have an affinity for the "MMO, bunch of buttons" mouse style, however. Of the two, I would suggest the Logitech G600. Logitech tends to make quality hardware and their Gaming software is top notch - some of it is even open source and their SDKs are available as well. At one time I would have said that the G600 has a much better feeling/positioned button grid, but it appears that the 2014 Naga has a few (badly needed) upgrades in this regard (strange that the more expensive Epic variety hasn't been updated and lacks these design changes).

Still, if you don't need to buy right this moment, I'd consider waiting a bit longer or possibly adding one more mouse to your comparison list. The MMO style mouse that, hardware and design wise, I've found is leaps and bounds beyond others, is the Corsair Vengeance M95. Its arrangement of buttons not as a grid but by making each button completely different in a tactile senses and strangely most important, having a "dead zone" center without a button on which to rest your thumb and use it for moving the mouse when NOT pressing buttons, I find far more usable than any other mouse to date.

The other option is to wait - both the Corsair M95 and the Logitech G600 are not ancient, but they are a little "old" in the scheme of things, so perhaps something new will be announced soon. It is especially likely that Logitech will announce a new MMO style mouse, as their new generation of hardware and whanot (see, the Proteus Core mouse, Orion Spark keyboard etc..) are just rolling out and have all new SDK/APIs. This is not to say that it isn't worth buying the Corsair M95 or Logi G600, but waiting a few months may show something new on the horizon. Then again, there is the rather troublesome possibility that many manufacturers are getting away from the MMO "tons of buttons" mouse, so keeping one's eyes open should be advisable to see if this is the case. Hope this helps a bit.

I can't say I've ever used any of the Logitech pads. Mousepads are down to personal preference more than anything else; I personally have a SteelSeries SX, which is no longer manufactured and costs a boatload; it is fantastic however, as a anodized aluminum pad that seems to outclass everything else I've used to date. I've been told that some other manufacturers are releasing metal mousepads, so a look around might be useful.

G600, the razer side buttons feel very flimsy the g600 is a tank. The g600 has had a few laser problems though I don't know if they've been ironed out.

I prefer the G600 for the third button and hand fitment, but some of that is preference. I believe they ironed out the sensor issues and you can catch them on sale for like $45 occasionally. Since my purchase my RAT 7 just sits around, but I play a lot of MMO style games over FPS.

Span of 7 year, I personally have 8 dead Razer mice, 1 dead Logitech, 2 unused Logitech mouse (backup), 1 actively used Corsair mouse... So for quality build, I'd go for Logitech...

I have both the G600 and the Naga and I hate the naga.. it just isn't comfortable in my hands, and for some reason, there is always residue build up on the naga

I have both as well I love logitech for sure but I prefer my Limited edition green naga 2014. I have small lady hands and the naga is easier to pick up and move just fits better. I say they builds are about the same. I find the buttons easier to reach on the naga though.

If you get a chance go by Best Buy and try to see which fits your hands best. It is a fairly subjective decision outside of build quality.

Back